clive

Geovision GV800

I have a geo vision gv800 system. I have 2 hard drives in my computer, they system hard drive is 40gb and holds windows, I have a 160gb hard drive installed with the geovision software installed there. When I start geovision, it records to the smaller hard drive, when I try and set the recording path I can only choose the small hard drive, I have no other choice listed.

Please advise,

Regards,

Clive

Hi, create a folder on the 2nd drive, call it anything you like, eg. VIDEO1, then select that folder for the path. It needs a folder to select, wont let you just select a drive by itself. Then REMOVE the first drive from the selection.

Rory

Now the DVR shuts down on it's own. I do not have any cameras connected right now, but left the machine running, after about 20 minutes or so the unit will power down, any ideas?

Check the simple things.

Windows settings

1.Advance power management (always on )

2.Screen saver ( off ) personial prefferance

3.Harddrives ( always on )

4.Suspend ( never)

Motherboard Bias

1.always on

2.power on after power loss

3.Network card always on

These are some of the simple things that often get overlooked.

Theres a setting in Geovision to restart the application if it cannot find a video signal within a set period of time.

In v8 it might even try to reboot the computer.

If this has only started since recording onto new hard drive, it may have bad sectors. But you say it happens when your not recording. Curious. Could be a multitude of things.

Next time it shuts down, boot it, open your BIOS (tap F2 or delete), check the motherboard temperature, generaly under hardware monitor. Should not be over 50c

Boot it up and check event viewer for errors.

Nice one crirvine

2.power on after power loss

Is critical with geovision systems.

Theres a setting in Geovision to restart the application if it cannot find a video signal within a set period of time.

In v8 it might even try to reboot the computer.

Thats it, it probably beeps at you too.

It thinks there is a problem with the system a reboot might fix.

Now the DVR shuts down on it's own. I do not have any cameras connected right now, but left the machine running, after about 20 minutes or so the unit will power down, any ideas?

Select disable video Loss Beep.

Also, disable any cameras that are not connected.

If it continues..

Is this a new build? Was it doing it before?

Exit Geo, leave the PC running, if it still does it, there could be a PC problem.

You can also check the Geo System log, as well as the XP Event Log.

It only reboots when geovision is running, I have disabled video loss beep, but have 9 cameras enabled, but none connected, I will disable all cameras and see what happens.

Thanks for the info

Thats the Geo Software Watchdog then.

Try what i mentioned, otherwise there is an INI file in the windows directory which has the setting to turn it on or off - its on by default.

That took care of it, I just connected one camera and have only one camera enabled, it's been running for over an hour, before it would reboot after about 20 minutes.

Thanks again for all your help.

Clive