kelvin

what is best way to multi-distribute video

I have a job on hand which is install 4 PC based system for a hotel. 4 system will be install at the basement control room and they require to view the 4 system at 8th floor,9th floor and 10th floor.

No LAN/WAN provide. What solution do you think is the best way to distribute the video to the 3 floor with no worry on video/signal loss.

Has anyone ever used the powerline IP cameras?

The other question is how would you get the camera signal from one phase to another phase such as in a residential home?

X10 has a device that passes the signal from one phase to another, is there something similar for powerline IP cams?

Has anyone ever used the powerline IP cameras?

The other question is how would you get the camera signal from one phase to another phase such as in a residential home?

X10 has a device that passes the signal from one phase to another, is there something similar for powerline IP cams?

Use them all the time

but u right they have to be on the same phase

I should correct my self

I use powerline network adapters with IP Cam

I would like to learn more about these. They sound like a good "tool" to have for those trouble some installations, such as Kelvin's.

Is there a poweline interface for analog cameras as well? I would be interested in these as well. This would be great for remote view of a DVR without having to go wirless with a "video extender" device. I do not like the loss of privacy using wireless products.

I would be interested in a powerline "block" to keep the video from exiting a building, and adding security, and/or privacy.

Thanks ak357!

wooo...sound like a new tool for me.... anyone can brief explain what is power line because I only thinking to using video distributor/multiplexer/setting a network .... but I don really have confidence on the video signal since I have to spread it into so many monitors

Is there a poweline interface for analog cameras as well? I would be interested in these as well. This would be great for remote view of a DVR without having to go wirless with a "video extender" device. I do not like the loss of privacy using wireless products.

I would be interested in a powerline "block" to keep the video from exiting a building, and adding security, and/or privacy.

Thanks ak357!

1.Analog camera-->ip video streamer-->powerline module

2.They have own encryption soft with password

issues with those though, powerline gear rarely works down here in the Bahamas.

I only see Aztech power line product in Malaysia. Anyone use this before could give some comment on how well is the performance? is it exactly same as a pulling network cable(for cat5 less than 90m)?

Hi all.... thank for your comment ....

Currently i had a solution but do not know whether it will work or not....just to share with you all....

Each system video output will install a active balun to boost the signal to 8th floor. so at the 8th floor will locate a video distributor for each system to distribute the signal to rest of the floor. Do you think it will work well?

first you need to determine how many of the cameras and the quality they will require. If all your doing is providing a monitor output then a video balun via CAT5 is fine. But if your clients needs multiple monitor outputs to multiple LCD's then you will need a amplified video dispo box.

and if they have computers and will use computers you will need to netwrok them into the Servers..another seperate issue. I would try to build a second seperate network for the client to access the Servers.

we need to know how many monitor positions and clients expectations. Most clients want more than a monitor output from a server based system. ie. PTZ control, playback, ect.

Fly me out and treat me to the finer cultural aspects of your country and I'll work for free I need a vacation anyway......