qman

ALNET Demo now available

Please Post your Comments here, I would like to know what my other fellow colleagues think about this product

I downloaded it and it seems to very good. It's a shame that the cards don't seem to be available in the UK and details of pricing are very scant.

I must admit that it was very easy to install and worked a treat.

I still think that Geovision is a lot better, however its not bad. Shame though that it does not do audio (well not that I could see). Was not sure if you can view multiple sites or not at one time and it would be handy to not have to have software to do it.

Geovision uses a web interface and therefore you have no need for software, however it does use software as well if you wish too.

Overall it was a pretty fluent program from what I can see.

I downloaded it and it seems to very good. It's a shame that the cards don't seem to be available in the UK and details of pricing are very scant.

Hello steve, you never got back to me regarding pricing.

send me a note and tell me what you you are looking for, maybe we can work something out.

Here are the prices of the cards:

VDRS PRO-

4 port ----$299.99

8 Ports-----$399.99

12 Ports---$549.99

16 Ports---$699.99

VDRS RT (REALTIME)

4 Ports-- $399.99

8 Ports-- $799.99

16 Ports- $1499.99

I'm having problems sending e-mail to you steve, so I have posted the prices.

The "PRO" version have the usual 30fps, but I'm not going to lie to my colleagues, these cards are so well constructed that I have seen them perform at peak 11-12fps per camera all at one time, almost 50fps!!! And the software layout is far more professional looking than that of the digi or the geo's.

It would be impossible to achieve 50fps in anything larger than 320x240 resolution with only one connexant chip, unless hardware compression is built into the card and if it were it would be a lot more expensive than that card.

Can you email me a screen shot of the software at all and if possible a photo of the card?

These guys are Polish?

sure!!, whats your email?

and one more thing

IT does not use the BT chip, it's a alnet chip

and yes, it does have built in compression

I would be very surprised if ALNET have their own capture chip, please send me the site again and I will have another look, even if it was proprietry chip it should only do 30FPS per chip.

I am not talking of built in software compression, there is a new range of DVR boards coming out with hardware on chip compresion that compresses the video stream before sending it down the PCI bus and then it uncompresses it again, these are rara and are a lotr more expensive than standard cards and certainly are not at the prices you were showing in this post.

I could be wrong but I have seen no different chips yet but like I said post the link again and I will have another look for you.

I just got this from the Alnet site

COMPRESSION

Compression method is JPEG DELTA - differential compression system. It records only when the motion is detected and only the fragments that actually change between frames.

There are no hardware JPEG compression chips on that board that I can see, so I assume the compression is within the software.

I hope this helped,

I also got curious, so I took one board, took off the heat-sink, and the chip says: "AL-NET AN565 Rev 1.2".

Nothing about Bt, or connexant.

And regarding the compression, I havnot seen anything on the software that would suggest anytipe of compression. So It has to be on the board, the let me research this a little further and I'll get back to you.

I would be very surprised at that price, if you can email me a pic of the card I can tell you just by looking at it. That is pretty cool if they have their own chips, but I think you will find they are just branded. I mean the Geo card has Geovision all over it but I know they do not manufacture them.

The easiest way to tell without viewing the card is by the specs that are required to run the card, if it reecommends high end CPU for faster frame rates then the board does not have hardware compression (In most cases)

Damm, i see why you are called the expert

give me your e-mail and I'll send you a pic

Damm, i see why you are called the expert

give me your e-mail and I'll send you a pic