mgenois

Searching for a better solution to Any keeper

Hi!

I'm new to this forum. I'm managing a DVR system PC-based with Anykeeper 2016. We have some stability problem like a user is exiting the application instead of logging out, PC freezing, remote user unable to connect. I'm receiving a call about 1 time a day to reset the system. That's too much i can handle. We need an another solution. We don't have support from anykeeper (and honestly, I dont like this soft). Exporting to video a recording is awful.

So I went to a security store near my job. They sell the JAD series (we would need the JAD-1600). Anyone use this or know about it? Is it good? stable? what are your recommendations about a DVR system? We want to minimize the cost, we need a triplex system. PC-based on windows or linux I don't care. Or embedded, I dont care either. I want to be able to put security so users can't shut off the software or even, the computer (through a shutdown command since they don't have access to the PC but only terminals)

Other requirements. Users must be able to print a snapshot of a video. The printer is currently shared through a Windows Vista computer.

I've read some stuff here but I can't manage to find the informations I want through all those posts.

Thanks

1st it sounds like you have a clone card and hacked software. The bad news is that each brand of capture card has its own software and you can not mix or match software and cards. True anykeeper cards and software is a very stable system.

where was it purchased from, what country?

Anyway could be like mentioned above, or could simply be a bad card, or even bad PC harware, have you tested it in another PC yet, leave it running a few days, at least 48 hours.

Rory

Well the stability problem I think is that much user can close anykeeper or shutdown the computer... they don't know that doing this make all the DVR being stopped... me and the boss are so p*ss off doing maintenance on this... Also, We don't like the way we can backup some cam with it and just an example, I decided to change the admin password to set one that no one kknows.... Well I've put a ponctuation sign in the password, well I can't no longer sign in as an admin... so I can't do any administration on the system...

That say, I think you can imagine how pissed off I am about this soft...

Well there are many others out there, as you can tell alot of members on this forum use GeoVision so you will find pretty decent support from that, either by other members on this forum, or by Geo themselves. Another popular one is Avermedia.

Dont let the popularity of them stop you from trying others though, check out some of the links on the forum. Personally I cant vouch for any I havent tried, but if you want people to PM you in regards to their cards, please go right ahead and post a request for that. They must keep it to PM though as advertising is limited to banner ads, unless they are an end user recommending it, which is even better as then they have used the system already.

Rory

Hi,just like they said each brand of capture card has its own software and you can not mix or match software and cards,but the stablity of software is different. You'd better choose the most stable software with cards.