cctvlad

retrofit ip video server

hello there Im from the UK, I am currently installing a 4 cam setup but trying to make an ip video server so that i can connect to it wirelessly at the moment I have a 4 port balun and a wireless router my question is what do I need to make the ip video server complete. i have a 4 channel dvr card at the PC so that will act as its mpeg4 decoder.

i need the help for this if i cant do it then i will have to buy a IP Video server

If I have read your post correctly, then you have a DVR card and software. A quad balun (4 cams over 1 CAT5 cable) and a wireless router.

Your Setup should be like below; all bold items are cables

Cam 1 to 4 -> RG59 BNC -> BALUN1 -> CAT5 -> BALUN2 -> RG59 BNC -> DVR Card

Your PC should then have access on to your router (wired or wireless)

Your DVR card software should have a network function, which will allow you to view the cameras over the local network, and over the Internet with the proper router configuration.

Post your Software and version, and someone should be able to help

so basically I need a balun at each end in order that it will work. it is a 12dbi wireless setup at maybe 60-70 apart.

thing is where the pc dvr is located in the office where there will be a 5th camera installed what do I need to do now all the channels are used up. if I add on another dvr card would I be able to see all 5 cams on one dvr software.

the software is a cheap chinese dvr I think its called digivue verison 2.2

would appreciate the help.

glad I dont need to buy an ready made ip server.

also i was thinking that at the pc end i could connect the antenna directly to the wireless network card and bring in the cams through that way rather than direct to the dvr card

right i think i need to be clear what Im trying to do is make a remote ip server for a pc to connect through wirelessly.

4 analogue cams -->4 port balun-->wireless router-->antenna-->antenna->pc wireless network card-->

dvr card is installed also.

maybe i should buy myself a ip video server to save myself hassle.

all i know it is a b104 standard quad port balun with a powered option as opposed to a single one.

so how can i make my cameras have an ip address each. they are analogue.

it will be at a remote location the server itself.

It goes like this

IP cam > Switch (or wifi link) > Network Recorder

or

Analog cam > Video Streamer > Switch (or wifi link) > Network Recorder

You have a balun, it only converts coax to UTP. You can run 4 camera feeds down one Cat5. This has nothing to do with ethernet, it is simply a means of using fewer smaller cables when installing clusters of cameras.

You would need more then 4 ports on your DVR.

thanks very much for your help man, i have so far 4 cams upal to a 4 port balun.

what is a video streamer is there another name for it?

4 cam 4 baluns to 4 port balun to router (wifi) then wifi network card how will the dvr at the pc pick this up?

thanks for any help.

need some help here i dont neccessarily need an IP server just want to transmit 4 cams over a remote wifi link.

at remote end

4 cams

4 port balun

1 wifi router

at office end

4 port dvr card

wireless pci network card

could you let me know what else I need??

dont want to look stupid infront of customer!!!!

need some help here i dont neccessarily need an IP server just want to transmit 4 cams over a remote wifi link.

at remote end

4 cams

4 port balun

1 wifi router

at office end

4 port dvr card

wireless pci network card

could you let me know what else I need??

dont want to look stupid infront of customer!!!!

Ditch the balun, and the router.

What is the distance you need to sent the cameras wirelessly?

Get proper wireless video transmitters and receivers.

its about 100 ft away but id dont want switching channels beside i have bought miost of the the equipment am now going to buy an budget IP server although i have a question

can i see the local dvr channels (cam connected to dvr card at office) as well the IP channels on the same ip monitoring software.

thanks in advance

I was not sure what you were wanting?

You said that you wanted each camera to have it own IP address.

For a multichannel webserver this might be the ticket for you.

It is from a company called webgate. They have a 6 channel server.

What DVR do you have?

If you buy a streamer/IP server and you keep your DVR... Most analog DVRs can't handle IP camera streams, as such you would also need a decoder for EVERY camrea. Add to that you have a 4 channel card, you can't have 5 cameras.

It seems to me a hybrid DVR solution and IP cams may be the cheaper alternative.

It's not going to be cheaper then analog wireless method, however I prefer wifi for wireless.

nice piece of kit expensive though although ill buy a budget ip server about 80 quid but i have a dvr card in the pc and i will want to watch the cams connected to the dvr card as well can i do this all in one software???

i have another question

what do i need for in order to put tv out out of the PC across power over ethernet to the TV in the house i have two PoE plugs but it doesnt work what am i doing wrong

Right....,

Could you please advise us of the complete requirement? Number of cam, location of cams etc.

Also please give the make and model of any equipment you have, DVR "PoE Plugs" etc.

You really need to have a concise plan before buying the equipment.

Also what IP server were you thinking of using?