Anderskh

Intellex version?

Hello..

We are a corporation currently running the Intellex Digital Video Management System ver. 3.2 on a Windows 2000 based system.

Anyone knows what the newest version on the Intellex is when running on Windows 2000.?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

//Anders

Anderskh....are you using the DVMS, LT or ULTRA version of the Intellex?

AD's latest Intellex software is v4.1 which will work on W2K.

You'll need to upgrade to v4.0 first though (contact AD rep for assistance) ,then you can upgrade to v4.1.

My latest install had v3.2 and works great.

All v4.x Intellex units run on WinXP Pro so, there is a cost to upgrade but any 3.x unit can be upgraded to v4.x. Once at v4.x, all upgrade are free until they go to v5.x!

Intellex v3.2 SP1 is the latest version for the 3.x platform. All 3.x units run on WIN2K. v4.x is the latest and greatest and they all run on WINXP. You can upgrade to v4.x but, there is a cost involved b/c of the OS change (normally upgrades are free).

Hello..

We are a corporation currently running the Intellex Digital Video Management System ver. 3.2 on a Windows 2000 based system.

Anyone knows what the newest version on the Intellex is when running on Windows 2000.?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

//Anders

Anderskh, Intellex application running with version 3.2 version operates with Windows 2000.. Version 3.2 was the last cut for the Intellex that will work only on Win2000...

The newest version is 4.1xxx In order to take your Intellex to this new version, you have to pay for "upgrade" from version 3.2 to version 4.0.. and this type of upgrade is "hardware dependent" and here are the reasons why...

1. Unless you bought the system already with version 3.2, chances are very good that at one point it was either version 3.0 and with few updates, you were able to take it to its maximum level...

2. When I state hardware dependency, what I mean by that is majority of the system prior of version 3.0 were based on Intel Pentium III and few actually did make it at lower speed Pentium 4... (American Dynamics has not kept up with all the hardware technological changes).

If your processing speed, the motherboard, the power supply and the resources are older versions, the RAM, the video card and the type of hard drives they came with, chances are very good that by taking it to version 4.1 it may work, but it will not operate at its optimum level - as you may know XP operating system requires more resources than Win2000. The video playback will be very slow and when you are exporting video, you may be waiting over 10 minutes for such export to complete... and then you also will experience random shotdowns...

If you bought these systems that came with version 3.2, then you are safe and it will work just fine...

Question for you? Why do you really want to go with version 4.1 anyway? The newest version comes only with few features that most of the time people do not use (e-mail notification for a hard drive that may be going bad or is bad and hope that it is not the main drive that contains the operating system and the Intellex)... All the rest of the functions are identical - from GUI to every function..

If you have any other questions, please address them here and we can provide you with very indepth answers.. We do sell and repair Intellex systems for the last over 15 years, so we do have a lot of resources available to us for anything Intellex..

Anderskh....are you using the DVMS, LT or ULTRA version of the Intellex?

AD's latest Intellex software is v4.1 which will work on W2K.

You'll need to upgrade to v4.0 first though (contact AD rep for assistance) ,then you can upgrade to v4.1.

My latest install had v3.2 and works great.

Rapid, Intellex 4.1 does not and will not work on Win2000... When American Dynamics introduced 4.0 Intellex, operating platform was changed from Win2000 to WinXP... Just a simple correction to your quote if I may...

When you are upgrading from Intellex 3.2 to 4.0 or higher, such upgrade includes XP operating system change as well.. You can try installing Intellex 4.0+ application on Win2K, but none of Windows calls and hooks will operate with Intellex application..

It also will not work on Vista, which itself has newer sets of calls and hooks... I am sure one of the newer versions of Intellex in few years will probably go to Vista, but for now...

On the other hand, your 4.1 Network Client or latest Intellex player are backwards compatible with any older version of Intellex systems (we tried all the way to version 2.2, which probably still exists in the market)..

It also will not work on Vista, which itself has newer sets of calls and hooks... I am sure one of the newer versions of Intellex in few years will probably go to Vista, but for now

Yep, Vista is a .. cant say the word here. Getting my software to work on it now, having to update so much stuff ... very annoying .. bad MS .. very very Bad MS ..

It also will not work on Vista, which itself has newer sets of calls and hooks... I am sure one of the newer versions of Intellex in few years will probably go to Vista, but for now

Yep, Vista is a .. cant say the word here. Getting my software to work on it now, having to update so much stuff ... very annoying .. bad MS .. very very Bad MS ..

Is that what they called nowadays? MS?? I thought they were call Microshaft, or was it Microswift.. oh no, I think they were called Micro...s..t

Well, they are here to stay, so we should respect them... or should we?

Linux for anyone? may be latest cut Linux called ubuntu?? or better yet, how about PCBSD?