zionsden

Your advise on cameras for a gas station

Hi

I'm new to camera systems and any help (detailed or brief) is greatly appreciated. I want to set up an 8 camera system, probably using the geovision gv-650 card with 3 x 300 gb hard drives. This will be for a gas station. I'll need 4 outdoor cameras pointed at the pumps, and 4 cameras inside....something like 1 in back room, two covering the merchandise floor and coolers, and one over the cashier. Fixed cameras will work fine. I'd like to set the cameras to record on motion for all except the one over the cashier. My main question is what kind of cameras (model/brand) would you recommend for the inside an out. And where to get the equipment at? 140 stations in all.

What other info do you need from me in order to help you better answer my questions? Thank you very much.

- I would not go with a PC based DVR. I'd use a standalone.

- indoor... mini-armor domes

- highres day/night armor domes

PC based, in my opinion, have it's place. I like to keep them at the corp. level or at a bus that have it's own networking staff........otherwise I'd stick with standalones. They work and are pretty much good to go once turned on.......can't screw them up!

140 stations? no problem with standalones.........if you need any other help PM me........I can't do all your installs

If the stores are identical I think you would be foolish to not pay for a professional to design the system. It would be a couple hundred bucks that could save you thousands across 14 much less 140 locations.

Even if not identical a professional designer can point you to a system of finding parts in the future based on the desired function. Basically you can learn a lot that way enough to know where you must put $ vs where you can skimp and get by.

I would recommend vari focal lens. If you have several cameras watching the front cashiers, and then they build a holiday display you can change your lens to a different setting, and you can reorient the cameras to look elsewhere.

This will make your system more flexible as different security needs arise. You can reorient the cameras, and "zoom" in on the candy aisle when the kids are giving you grief, and then you can reorient some of the cameras when you suspect employees are taking beer, or cigarettes home with them.

Where are you located?