rory

BW High Res Bullet

anyone seen a brand that makes this same exact model ..

big202x.gif

has to be B/W and preferably High res 600TVL, Sony 1/3" Exview, 3.6mm.

no store links but can PM me them thanks

Rory

Yes, they stopped selling them though .. which is why Im looking .. plus im looking for the same but in High res now

InNorthernWeTrust

I would be interested in a replacement for Rory's "camera", and I would be interested in a replacement for the ECL 374.

http://eclipsecctv DOT com/ECL-374.html

It is much better than what it is spec out. It may be an Ex View, and the lux rating is much better.

All I know is that this camera rock in a dark nightclub, or a bar.

I know I may not be able to stay in this wholesale price range,that I am used to, but getting a mini cam that can match the 374 would be great!

It would be greatly appreciated!

I contacted Eclipse, and they have said that they will no longer carry B/W cameras. The person that I spoke to did not have more info.

My first impression is that they are switching manufactures, or something to that effect, and the distribution has not be set up. This is only my opinion though.

When I spoke to someone else they confirmed they will no longer carry the B/W, and the manufacture is ceasing production of the B/W.

WT HECK?

I cannot live without the B/W, and the 374. I can retail them at $108.00, and provide a service to my customers. I tried some other mini cams with the same specs, but they were truely not the same camera, and I would have had to retail them at $200.00. What would I have to charge for color? YIKES!

How many people on this forum buy from Eclipse?

Can we band together as a group, and complain?

Edited by Guest

Hi Scorpion, I just noticed that ECL-377 is from Korea, so I will look around a bit .. be nice to have that in High Res also ..

Also, i need some mini board cameras that are close or the same as that .. to put in some WizKid WZ30 Dome housings .. the cameras they came with suck big time, so much so I never mounted all of them ... and yes these are also for nightclubs

The bullets are easier to mount IMO, though the vandal domes we wanted as people started to break up the bullet cameras!

Thanks, sent INWT a PM

Rory

Thanks Rory!

I use the one inch by one inch mini cameras because they are very discreet in a dark environment.

It would be cool if I could find a wholesale emty dome!

I missed the opportunity when Eclipse moved in to a larger warehouse a couple of weeks ago. They offered empty domes for $2.00 EA.

Yes! They were gone by the time I called to get them! Rats!

Hey .. found it .. this has the exact same specs and is identical in its design .. as i matched it with one i just took out of a box here ..

http://www.koreacctv.com/eng/product/product_view.php?ac_id=79&ai_id=12

BUT, they dont have it in high res

Yeah these are so discreet and easy to mount too .. for the night club .. thats why I like them so much .. they kind of suck when there is alot of light .. but then its a nightclub and thats rare ..

Seems the Koreans call these PIPE cameras instead of Bullet cameras .. so will keep searching for a high res one, a high res PIPE B/W camera ..

Great find!

I have a club in the north Miami area that is comiing up for an install, and I have run out of my minis!

im still looking for the high res .. would be perfect ... will see what I find .. also, once we find the manu we can then find out from them who retails/distributes the products.

Well I just tested the KPC-EXH190SWX 1/3" Sony ExView CCD 600 TV Lines Weatherproof Bullet, compared it side by side with the Eclipse Exview bullet camera, and it doesn't come close ad far as low light goes. They must have forgotten to add the Exview chip!!!

Now it is possible that the lens on the Eclipse bullet camera is a lower F stop, so just incase, I will switch the lenses and test again.

Will post some image comparisons as soon as I get the recorded video from the old DSR-1000e I have here.

Rory

Try SCDlink.XXX (XXX=com) Look at their EXview bullet .0003 lux. I tried to PM this and was blocked. I also tried to send a link to the page and was blocked. Hope this one makes it!

Try SCDlink.XXX (XXX=com) Look at their EXview bullet .0003 lux. I tried to PM this and was blocked. I also tried to send a link to the page and was blocked. Hope this one makes it!

if you mean the CFB6021EX, thats the same one. That website doesnt seem to know too much about cameras either, as they claim:

"The picture clarity is above DVD quality", which is not even close.

"The Sony ExViewTM chipset produces an astounding 600 lines of resolution", Whereas Cameras with Exview Chips come in various Resolutions.

"With an industry leading low 0.0003 Lux, you’ll have clear pictures even under the darkest conditions", totally incorrect, first off not even Exview chips give you that kind of lux sensitivity, secondly IF this is the same camera, it is half the low light sensitivity as other BW Exview cameras.

Just another sales pitch on that site as far as I am concerned. I am really getting tired of sales people these days.

I would like some info on the ExView bullets as well. This would be a camera for widespread use. Im working on a system to be spread across 30+ sites. WIth B/W, I can save some cash and get a higher res. picture.

I've been buying from NV for some time now. InNorthernWeTrust, if you see this post, I need to link up with you.

Thanks

Top comments from Rory, I say beware manufacturers specs.

..above DVD quality.. Mmm what does that mean? It means nothing to me.

The Sony ExViewTM chipset produces an astounding 600 lines of resolution... and so will any camera with the same CCD or any B&W HR CCD.

With an industry leading low 0.0003 Lux..... That is is alot of nothing....with what lens and what light source do they make these claims? I might as well say it is my massive white arse reflecting the sun that makes it perform so well.

Buyer beware

Top comments from Rory, I say beware manufacturers specs.

..above DVD quality.. Mmm what does that mean? It means nothing to me.

The Sony ExViewTM chipset produces an astounding 600 lines of resolution... and so will any camera with the same CCD or any B&W HR CCD.

With an industry leading low 0.0003 Lux..... That is is alot of nothing....with what lens and what light source do they make these claims? I might as well say it is my massive white arse reflecting the sun that makes it perform so well.

Buyer beware

" title="Applause" />

Well-played, Sir.

I would be interested in this camera aswell if anyone finds it please pm me.

I also came across these two interesting videos from Sony. The first deals with lux and how Sony defines it. The second is on there new Exwave 640, looks hot.

http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/cat-securitycameras/resource.solutions.bbsccms-assets-cat-camsec-solutions-minIllumination.shtml

mms://sony.wmsvc.vitalstreamcdn.com/sony_vitalstream_com/ExWave640.wmv

Specifications

Image Pick-Up Device SONY 1/3" Super HAD CCD Sensor

Effective Picture Elements EAI:510x492, CCIR: 500X582(HxV)

Horizontal Resolution 420 TVL

Minimum Illumination 0.1 Lux @ F2.0

S/N Ratio More than 48dB

Auto Electronic Shutter EIA:1/60s~1/100,000s, CCIR:1/50s~1/110,000s

Auto Gain Control Yes

Gamma Characteristics 0.45

Lens Furnished Board Lens f 3.6mm @ F2.0

Synchronous System Internal, Negative Sync

Video Output 1 Vp-p / 75Ohms, BNC Connector

Power Supply 12VDC ± 10

Power Consumption 1.32W (110mA)

Operating Temperature 14° - 122° F (-10° - 122° C) Hey Rory and Scorpion is this possibly the same camera?