sue

Good video webserver?

Can anyone suggest a good video server for under $300? I have a 4 channel DVR system with no webserver, and I can't view it from work as they block all but http. Thanks!

Do you sell them? I'm trying to find them online. Something like AVC730? I see there are two flavors, one for DVR and camera, and one for camera only?

Thanks!

Axis's 2400+ is nice. You could probably find one on Ebay for that much. Now is the time to look since they are moving to the 241Q's, but they are way out of your range.

FredB, I tried your demo, it wants me to download a plug-in, but it's not clear what or from where. I don't need something that handles dynamic IP since I have DNS2GO. Thanks.

AVConsulting, thanks. I'm going to email you if you don't mind.

If you read the page correctly it actually tells that you don't have to download the plug in, but you get a better frame rate if you do. It's also safe to download and install the plug-in. We are in the business of installing camera systems, not spreading internet viruses.

The bluenet server will probably work good for you. Works with staic or dynamic IP and no plug in is needed.

FredB,

The first URL you pointed me to has a blinking link for LIVE DEMO, that's the only reference to a live demo that I see, and when I click it, it pops up a dialog saying I must download a plugin, and without it, I won't be able to see the demo. When I click ok, it tries to take me to http://64.3.157.58/, and after a few seconds, I get page not found.

Sorry, but I'm not finding any other reference to a demo on that page.

Thanks.

ActiveX is bad, but the streaming and video quality of both products is good.

The bluenet video server has the best M-JPEG compression i've met by now.

If I have an avtive X Control, can I write it into Java as an applet? I tried one of those VB to Java convertor software but it just gave errors. Any ideas?

Rory

I can see the Bluenet, but not the other.

So far only 2 channel, 4 channel coming soon?

Not really Rory. Converting VB to Java doesn't do much, Java is sandboxed and VB requires access to windows API's alot. Somethings can be converted but Java isn't great for graphics. Also note that I can't see any activeX stuff due to using a browser that doesn't support it. (Which I like.)

Not really Rory. Converting VB to Java doesn't do much, Java is sandboxed and VB requires access to windows API's alot. Somethings can be converted but Java isn't great for graphics. Also note that I can't see any activeX stuff due to using a browser that doesn't support it. (Which I like.)

What no IE

One thing i really hate with lots of web site these days, ShockWave, its soo annoying. Been on MSNBC.com lately, the pages hang as they load shock after shock and gawd knows what else they are loading....! I mean thats like putting an activeX control on your home page...I like activeX for certain things, from trusted sites, as like you said it has alot of power, but it should only be used for back end applications.

I like the AVTech Web server, but how do you set it up with a dynamic IP. I tried it with www.dyndns.org but could not get it to work. Used one of the routers the recommended (D-Link DI-604) but no use. Otherwise it streams nice, and less garbage in the GUI. One thing whitch is pretty cool with the Av Tech one is that you can control the AV Tech DVR remotely if you add a RS-232 cabel between the web server and the dvr. In that way you can set the streaming quality level independent from the recording quality level and get the beat of both worlds.

Shockwave and flash aren't so bad, they lack the raw power of a real scripting langauge. Active X is put to far, far too much harmful use. One of the reasons I like our product is that we don't have any kind of plugin needed.

Fred, I have sold hundreds off the standalones but not many of the web serveres, boys told me it was a real BIARCh to set up, because of the converted 15 pin cable to 9 pin,, Is this right?

Must admit pretty cool little unit for the price, very fast indeed and makes a sub $1000 ($ AUD) package for a standalone.

What do you sell for above 4CH

You got to make your own cable. No big deal. Only 2 wires needed. The connectors come with the DVR and the web server. Reguar 2 conductor solid alarm wire will do. You soldering skills got to be good though. Then you got to set the baud rate correctly in the DVR and the server, and there is one other setting. ID setting i think. Easier to make a few cables before hand and try it out. I think the idea is great. A web server that controls the dvr remotely.

Have you had any problems with the 9 channel DVR?

Heard about power supply problem from someone here. Like to start putting them in if they are relible.

FredB wrote:

>>This is the demo I ment.

>>http://digitronic.us/pages/Cameraframeset/UntitledFrameset-18.html

>>It's not a Active X plug you need. It's the H.263 plug first and formost

Ok, I can see that. That looks great. Now tell me, which webserver is that, and what cameras are they using? I've tried so many demos lately my head is spinning (kinda like PTZ). And point me to a URL so I can read about it. Thanks!

New Webserver from AVTech will run on JAVA applet.

But IMHO, the java one sucks. Need faster computer to run it.

Else it'll just slow everything down.

Selling in singapore for ard USD$175 as well.

You can try the axis video server, it's configurable to use activeX or java i think. Let me try it out tomorrow again.

Axis 2400's the model. It's an older model but work just as fine.

Use it to stream TV program over the network, very smooth.

I do have a couple of them, anyone wants one i'ld be happy to sell it to you.

USD$210 per unit for the single channel one. Only got 2. left over from project last time.

Also have 4 of the older Axis 2100 Camera left from project.

USD$190 per unit. any taker ?

Minus point is I'm in Singapore. U gotta pay for shipment. Or if you pass by here, you can come pick it up from me. SGD$320.