drewliebs

residential PTZ

Hi All,

can anyone suggest a PTZ for a residential application... Client wants the capability, but wants something that will not make her home look like fort know. Preferably looking to see if there is a PTZ that can mount under the soffet.... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Andrew

PTZ can sometimes be pointless for residentials (imo) - unless someone is going to be at the camera control 24/7. It could be that the camera is trained on a certain area when it needs to be covering another point but if nobody is there to do this then you could miss the incident.....

You could have the PTZ set to preset automatically but again if it is covering the wrong area at the wrong time..

Maybe better off with 2/3 fixed cameras instead of one, usually pricey, PTZ??

No,

Just hook it up to a sensor beam and when it is tripped the PTZ will move in that direction. If you need directions on how to do this, please contact me. Thanks

I just finished up trimming out a home where 3 PTZ cameras were installed on the exterior of the home. This is a Summer home so the owners just wanted to be able to remotely observe what landscapers and other hired help was getting done in their absence. When they told me what they wanted, I subbed out the CCTV Cameras as I have really no experience with PTZ cameras. My hands were pretty full doing the rest of the low voltage work so it worked out well.

The CCTV Sub installed the 3 cameras recessed in the flat soffit that surrounds most of the homes roof line. I am not 100% certain bit I think they used the Everfocus F8-EPTZ1000

F8-EPTZ500.jpg

They really didn't stand out that much and everyone "homeowner and myself" were impress with the image. I was somewhat surprised as the camera's specifications, and price I was charged was by no means exotic.

Hey Rory,

Looks like the same PTZ that we sell. We also carry the Pelco PTZ with the 8X optical and 10X Digital. 80X all together. I have seen these and they are great. Pelco always stands behind it's name.