GunRunner1

What type of coax to use? Comments on this Balun for Cat 5

I need to get some more coax. I'm going to run 3 150' cables inside of black plastic pipe underground. Is rg-59 o.k. or what?

What do you think about this Balun NV-208A-M Passive? (Spec. Attached)

Would allow me to attach The brand is NTV.

Or make recomendations.

Thanks

Edited by Guest

what about running Cat5? I don't know how to do it but I'm hereing others talk about it . Can someone explain to me how its done?

Baluns is that something you attach to each end? Do they have bnc conector on them? Which one are good ones?

Thanks,

why CAT5 on 350LF runs?

and lots of info about it on the forum. check also nvt.com they have lots of info and nice pricey products too:)

If I use Cat 5 cables with Baluns. For camera, til/pan unit, zoom lense. This will be attached to my garage 150' away from my DVR. Should I use Baluns that carry the 24vac. and runit from my house or Baluns that don't carry voltage and power them from my garage? (has a seperate AC power connection from power company.

I'm tring to figure out the best way to do this. I haven't bought the rg cable and I'm running Cat 5 for the tilt/pan controls. So it will probaly be best to go Cat 5 on everything?

Thanks,

I like RG59 with 18'2 power for under ground conduit situations. The baluns are cool. Most of them have terminated inputs for cat5 and it creates less work for you. I am not sure how the distance will work out for you on a balun compared to a RG59. Unless the balun has a good impedence strengthner to boost up the signal. If so then role with the Balun. I think some of these baluns now will let you pass power through them too.

-chad b-