kpatterson

RG-11 ?? Coaxial Cable

Thanks Rory!

I have tabbed browsing, so I can click back, and forth with ease.

I have forgotten some people may be using IE6. This would be a little more difficult to bounce back, and forth.

Hey people! If you do not have a browser with tabs, you will love it!

IE7 has it, and Firefox has it! There are others as well.

they take up as much as the tool bar does, which means less browser space. If I didnt need the back, forward, and refresh buttons, I would get rid of that toolbar also

Granted Firefox tabs are not as bad as IE7's.

I use Firefox and have now for about 8 months and i love it, When i got this new puter i had IE7 and was using it and loved the tab feature.....what i hav ebeen waiting for...but when someone tol dme about firefox i d/l it and havent looked back sinnce...rightg now i have th is tab, 2 online cctv sales sites, the googlemap of the project, as wellas2 other sales sites to look for best deal on cable and hard drives for my dvr being ordered in one of the tabs, and yahoo for my e-mail, and constantly open and closing several others to see pdf cut sheets and the sort.....love the features cntrl-click a link and new tab...look at it and close and still be where i am.....lovely thing...BUT, I miss my Commodore 64 and my physical cradle 2400 baud modem,,,, Ahh those were the days///LOLOLOLOLLOl,,.,,, and man that google map software...LOVE IT....can see many new possibilities for this,,, just wishing that i can print my marked up map.....Iordered some parts of this system today... I will post the spec's i chose in a bit, I have really appreciated th ehelp i have received on thi sboard and have read many threads......looks like i got a new haunt,,,,,especially if i am going to go for more CCTV. Here in houston they are talking about mandating all convience stores and some other such establishments to have a CCTV system.... I see a lot of low hanging fruit.......come to pappa

take care ya'll

i'll post the Bill of materials in aabit

Thanks scorpion

Kelly

Just so yall know, google maps uses google earth which was originally owned by a company called Digital Globe who developed the software and put the satellites up; google bought Digital Globe.

I'd say FireFox is mostly better for its slightly higher security over IE in general, and much higher security over IE6; being it does not allow any ActiveX or Vbscript, though there are the odd vulnerabilities that pop up from now and then due to java, javascript, embedded media players, or other plugins.

Thing is with Tabs, its the same as just clicking on the taskbar buttons; these are the items on the taskbar at the bottom that appear every time you open a program (or a new window of the app), if the program has set their app to show in taskbar. Just need to turn off the default feature in XP under Taskbar which is called "Group Similar Taskbar Buttons", which should be done on all XP PCs after the initial install. Then you have that extra space left in the browser window when you have tabs disabled.

Hey Scorpion, I haven't forgot your help but i have been busy with a nasty custody case with my worthless ex and haven't had time to take care of business... i finally ordered most of the equipment for this job and will post the specs for what i selected maybe after i get out of the shower, but i need help with power cable selection for sending 24VAC as far as 1400 feet.....i can get a good deal on some 18/2 stranded but it is on 500 foot spools, can i use this and splice it along the way, i have nema junction boxes, will this work or will it degrade?......help me out with some of your wisdom please>>>> Thanks kelly.....i will check back later this eve if the shower don't knock me out after my 14 hours in an attic today... thanks again for your insights

If you do any webwork then firefox + the 'firebug' extension is a great combination.. You can do all sorts with it, edit CSS on the fly, check the document code, alter things, its really useful.

I tried to google the case, but no luck.

I did watch the game when they got spanked, and that is why I thought it was funny. Lost a small wager on that game to my wife.