Kifertech

IP CAMERA WITH POE FUNCTION

Now our company is developing new solution IP CAM with POE function, cause most company just doing power supply with DC 12V in China.

First step: We do same DC 12V power supply IP CAM, and we do an accessories POE Box (just a little box to output DC 12V to camera). It is working like this: POE Fast Ethernet switch--POE box--IP CAM. It looks little complex, but our POE box is suitable for everyone used to DC 12V power supply IP camera.

Second step: We will integrate POE function in our new IP CAM. And will have two type, one with DC 12V, another is POE.

I am still a new guy here, I just put features here, but can not pass, so if you interested, please send message to me.

And this new type camera will be lanuched for market in September.

Just trying to understand - POE cameras are not new. For example, on my desk here I have a Panasonic WV-NW484S which is running on POE. Also, it is getting power from a Netgear switch which has built in POE and does not require a separate power injector. What feedback would you like from this forum?

Just trying to understand - POE cameras are not new. For example, on my desk here I have a Panasonic WV-NW484S which is running on POE. Also, it is getting power from a Netgear switch which has built in POE and does not require a separate power injector. What feedback would you like from this forum?

Thanks for your reply Sureveillance, just little misunderstood, POE camera really not new camera yet! I mean that was new for us, cause now for most manufacturer in China and fast east, still using DC 12 power supply yet! I know Netgear switch has built in POE, I am using this!

Here I want to got some professional opinion about two:

1. Does POE box useful? I think also has a lot people useing power supply with DC 12V IP camera, if they need change to POE, so I think this can help them to change that easy, and does not need change another camera.

2. For cilent software, we also has our big management software, it can both for DVR, NVR, IP CAM etc. With PTZ control, Matrix control, E-map, a multi-function software, but I think most import thing is compatibility, customer need camera working with their own surveillance software, but as I know most manufacturer has this problem too, they just want customer using their products for a system.

So, anyone knows how to solve this?

:(, so sad, no body interested with this? Or need more information about this?

No that is not it really, just that the forum rules does not allow advertising anywhere on the forums; we have banner ads for that:

http://www.cctvforum.com/advertise.php

And this thread looks alot like advertising .. I didnt remove it as you are asking questions, but please if this is an advertising attempt to sell a product, please halt now. Otherwise, have fun on the forum!

Thanks

Rory

:(, so sad, no body interested with this? Or need more information about this?

No that is not it really, just that the forum rules does not allow advertising anywhere on the forums; we have banner ads for that:

And this thread looks alot like advertising .. I didnt remove it as you are asking questions, but please if this is an advertising attempt to sell a product, please halt now. Otherwise, have fun on the forum!

Thanks

Rory

Thank you Rory,

Yeah, my title looks like advertising here, but I am really not want sell products here, just want to know guys here opinion about IP solutions camera, then I can learn something to let our new products good for market.

Any way, thanks for your remind, I think will do advertising in forum soon for our new IP camera.

Thank you Rory,

Yeah, my title looks like advertising here, but I am really not want sell products here, just want to know guys here opinion about IP solutions camera, then I can learn something to let our new products good for market.

Any way, thanks for your remind, I think will do advertising in forum soon for our new IP camera.

No problem. The rules on no advertising in the forums were created by the members at one time, and applies to everyone, not just manufacturers. Also, do you like my Chinese translation in the Introductions Forum sticky?

I wish more manufacturers would do some banner advertising, to get the word out on their products. Especially the new or smaller manufacturers. I realize the smaller ones dont quite have the budget always, but I think it is important either way. Not everyone wants Bosch, GE, or Pelco, and especially if they can get similar or new technology that wont break the bank, many will try it.

Also, feel free to update your profile and add a signature if you like. The signature is what is seen below each post you make. It can include your website, Company, etc, just so long as it is not a direct ad.

Good luck, and enjoy the forum.

Thanks

Rory

I am interested in POE & IP, BUT, another IP camera is just that until you make it worth my time to use & install. ie. I got this great IP camera, low cost, and here are the software programs that you can use/integrate with it.tested ready to go.

If your IP cam is just another IP POE camera that is restricted to your software, it's not appealing to me. I don't have time to figure out some new camera & software package as almost everytime I "bite" at this I get bitten.........I have to buy the camera & use your software.......

We are looking for more than a single great camera.....we need a well integrated IP POE camera that is cost effective. market that and you'll get more attention.

As I reread the original post, I believe the reference to 'POE box is suitable for everyone used to DC 12V power supply IP camera' is similar to the Diswire POE12E. This basically goes at the camera end of a POE injected ethernet cable and splits off the signal to go to the camera and a 12v power jack.

I have never used this because the IP cameras I purchase all have POE capability.

Thank you Rory,

No problem. The rules on no advertising in the forums were created by the members at one time, and applies to everyone, not just manufacturers. Also, do you like my Chinese translation in the Introductions Forum sticky?

I wish more manufacturers would do some banner advertising, to get the word out on their products. Especially the new or smaller manufacturers. I realize the smaller ones dont quite have the budget always, but I think it is important either way. Not everyone wants Bosch, GE, or Pelco, and especially if they can get similar or new technology that wont break the bank, many will try it.

Also, feel free to update your profile and add a signature if you like. The signature is what is seen below each post you make. It can include your website, Company, etc, just so long as it is not a direct ad.

Good luck, and enjoy the forum.

Thanks

Rory

Thanks Rory, and thanks everybody give me opinion for that!

By the way Rory, acturlly the chinese you post in introduction should be like this:

1) 欢迎到CCTV论坛, 如果您是一名新的成员,首先在发贴之前请阅读论坛指南

2) 这里是自我介绍发贴区,不允许发布跟贵公司有关的任何带有广告色彩的信息,否则将会在不通知的情况下删除所有信息。

3) 本论坛内禁止发布任何产品广告,公司广告的帖子,如果需要做广告请看这个链接

I just want send PM to you, but my post still under 10, so just can post here.

Thanks! I basically used several online translation websites to get the current text, so obviously was not the best

I translated yours back to English and it did come out much better, using that now

Thanks, Rory

Here I want to got some professional opinion about two:

1. Does POE box useful? I think also has a lot people useing power supply with DC 12V IP camera, if they need change to POE, so I think this can help them to change that easy, and does not need change another camera.

I'm not sure what's being asked here, but I read it as "is PoE built in to an IP camera a useful feature for integrators/suppliers to have?".

If that is the question, the answer is very much YES! PoE saves masses on cabling and makes an IP-based camera installation a doddle. It's as simple as that.

The main problem for me is that the current standard most often doesn't inject enough power to supply both a camera and a heated or cooled housing when placing a camera outdoors. I particularly like Mobotix cameras as they can be placed outdoors using PoE without an additional housing. The new system from IQeye should do this as well. IQsentinel I think it's called...

KB

The encoders in MPEG4 cams get hot enough to work as a heater themselves!

PoE is a good thing, you can centralize power and I can upsell better power systems that run the whole IT room.

True... Have you felt the Panasonic WV-NP1004 after just 15 mins of operation? Almost burnt my fingers off

PoE is a good thing, you can centralize power and I can upsell better power systems that run the whole IT room.

Yeah, now we used SoC media DSP, with high capability, high stability, H.264 compression, support D1 resolution, with 30/25fps(NTSC/PAL) real-time display.

I also has saw Axis has lot DC 12V IP Cam, that is why we decide to do with two type, one with DC 12V, another is POE.

Now our company is developing new solution IP CAM with POE function, cause most company just doing power supply with DC 12V in China.

First step: We do same DC 12V power supply IP CAM, and we do an accessories POE Box (just a little box to output DC 12V to camera). It is working like this: POE Fast Ethernet switch--POE box--IP CAM. It looks little complex, but our POE box is suitable for everyone used to DC 12V power supply IP camera.

I am new and strange here, and I do not know the exact meaning of POE function. Would someone be kind enough to explain to me and which camera is better

I am new and strange here, and I do not know the exact meaning of POE function. Would someone be kind enough to explain to me and which camera is better

PoE = Power over Ethernet

You network switch supplies power to the cameras is basically what it comes down to.