Daryl733

Changing Internal Battery on AVTech 760, 781, 785, 787's DVR

Anyone know how to do it ?

Appearently their internal litium batt is soldered to the board. You can't just take it out and change.

And I've encouter at least 5-6 sets over the past couple of months , usage from 8-2 yrs plus with the batt flat.

When the main power is switch off, the DVR loss it's timing. And start recording from 1/1/2000, and it corrupt all the recorded data.

You will not be able to jump to a certain date/time using the search. U'll still be able to do vie viewing in rewind mode till u reach that date/time. That'll take days if u are trying to go back 2-3 weeks in 32X rewind mode.

And basically u'll have to send the set back to get the board replace once the batt ran out.

From what i can see, the batt can take and replace by unsoldering, but it'll void the warranty of the DVR.

I have not had any problems here, knock on wood!

If the units are under warranty, then the battery would be covered?

I have more problems with the older units with the power supply on the same board, and the power supply goes belly up. It is very embarrasing when this happens a couple of months after the warranty expires.

I wish I could change the parts myself!

Too add insult to injury it then blows the external powersupply. (Or is it the other way around)?

Thank for the heads up!

Scorpion