a94cobra

Control V2

So how does the control center work? Do the remote systems upload the video or stream to the server? Do you need more storage at the central than the others combined?

Control center is IMO more suited towards maintence, it makes it very easy to modify a customer's DVR config. It includes a terminal server client for the v8 terminal server included with the DVR software.

So how does the control center work? Do the remote systems upload the video or stream to the server? Do you need more storage at the central than the others combined?

Are you talking about Center v2 or CMS ?

Center V2 is a Central Monitoring Software, the DVR will upload video to that PC, but in 320x240 resolution. It will not be the same size video as the raw data on the remote DVR.

I believe their CMS package, is just a combination of software which includes the Center V2, among others, and which you have to pay for dearly.

I've used them both and both are good. Center V2 is what you want to use for recording onto a remote system. It will record clips based on motion or alarm events, but all that video can take up a lot of bandwidth. You can set it to only do so for certain cameras or at certain times.

Control Center is more for administering or viewing many DVR's. I've used it to connect to a 37" LCD and then link into 48 cameras at a Hotel with fantastic results. It very nice compared to haveing to switch to a different DVR, you can do everythign on any DVR right from the Control Center. Its like $250 but quite impressive and good for connection to many sites at the same time. I've also noticed that it seems to stream faster then Multiview with 16 cameras because it reduces the resolution, but it's not even noticeable in terms of quality.

Control Center would be for live viewing only, but of multiple systems. How well does it work over the internet?(I guess that really depends on my speed, doesn't it.) It wouldn't run all the time, just when I want to view right?

Control Center is more for administering or viewing many DVR's. I've used it to connect to a 37" LCD and then link into 48 cameras at a Hotel with fantastic results. It very nice compared to haveing to switch to a different DVR, you can do everythign on any DVR right from the Control Center. Its like $250 but quite impressive and good for connection to many sites at the same time. I've also noticed that it seems to stream faster then Multiview with 16 cameras because it reduces the resolution, but it's not even noticeable in terms of quality.

I agree. The speed of the remote connection in CMS is remarkable.

Center V2 is a Central Monitoring Software, the DVR will upload video to that PC, but in 320x240 resolution. It will not be the same size video as the raw data on the remote DVR.

DVR can upload more resolution (not only 320x240), it depend on the settings of DVR's video source. If DVR is set to 640x480 then CenterV2 can receive 640x480, 640x480 (deinterlace) or 320x240.

DVR can upload more resolution (not only 320x240), it depend on the settings of DVR's video source. If DVR is set to 640x480 then CenterV2 can receive 640x480, 640x480 (deinterlace) or 320x240.

Is this new in 8.12? As in the past when testing with sites that have 640x480 and 720x480 the max on the Center2 was 320x240 regardless.

Just tested again, DVR is 640x480 source, camera is set to 640x480, high quality, and setting on CenterV2 is set to best quality; video is still saved in 32-x240. Using version 8.1.

Just tested again, DVR is 640x480 source, camera is set to 640x480, high quality, and setting on CenterV2 is set to best quality; video is still saved in 32-x240. Using version 8.1.

Are we talking about Center V2 or Control Center V2?

JD

Are we talking about Center V2 or Control Center V2?

JD

Center V2, Control Center isnt included with the Geo Card.

I thought I remembered you could have Center V2 record in 640X480. Did you enable the 640X480 in the webcam server, perhaps this has something to do with it.

yes, basiucally there is no setting in CenterV2 either on the DVR setup side or the client side, to change it to any resolution, all they have is the quality such as best - just for a note, Geo has 3 types of 320x240, from low quality to best quality, hence this setting in CenterV2.

yes, basiucally there is no setting in CenterV2 either on the DVR setup side or the client side, to change it to any resolution, all they have is the quality such as best - just for a note, Geo has 3 types of 320x240, from low quality to best quality, hence this setting in CenterV2.

The settings is in Accounts -> Subscriber Settings -> Image Size -> Large. Every DVR can set to different resolution.

The settings is in Accounts -> Subscriber Settings -> Image Size -> Large. Every DVR can set to different resolution.

Ahhh ... thanks ... thats one of those hidden settings ..

Will test it out later but yes just opened V2 and that is there.

Thanks

Rory

I knew it was somewhere. I tested it out last night and it did record in 640x480, from a previous set up a long time ago, but I couldn't find where I made it do so.