nguyenpt

Super Wide Dynamic Range Camera

I am looking for a military grade Super Wide Dynamic Range Camera for my project. If you know any super made/model, please pass the info. Thanks

I am looking for a military grade Super Wide Dynamic Range Camera for my project. If you know any super made/model, please pass the info. Thanks

Please define military grade Super Wide Dynamic Range Camera...

There are many in the market, some better than others, but what is your project that require this?

Try CNB WDR Cameras.

CNB Cameras have advance WDR function, OSD and really good performance on Low Light conditions.

Check GP-608 (AC220V) or GP-605 (Dual Voltage AC24V/12VDC) if you want Body camera.

They also got dome & Vandal Dome with WDR

Most of the manufacturers carry WDR cameras nowadays... the question is what do you mean "military grade" cameras?

Anything military grade cameras will cost substantial amount of money... Some of the very high end items are avail from many... ExtremeCCTV, Panasonic, CBC and few others...

CNB sell OEM so that means they would be rebadged under so many different names. Other than the OEM companies I doubt many have ever heard of them before.

CNB sell OEM so that means they would be rebadged under so many different names. Other than the OEM companies I doubt many have ever heard of them before.

heard of them!

JD

heard of them!

JD

Yes, people like you and me have ..

the question is what do you mean "military grade" cameras?

Extreme CCTV? (not the WizKid line though )

Normally when someone asks "military grade cameras", I understand not only the camera requirement, but more importantly the packaing, which could be explosion proof or fire proof...

ExtremeCCTV has packages as such... as well as few other manufacturers.. Pano does provide exceptional performance, but Pano also has their StarLight series which gives unbelievable performance.. then you have higher end CBC models (thermal imaging series), Bosch, GE and few others...

Isn't military grade always mean a product that can withstand military environment with bullets and explosion flying all over and better yet, a technology that can pick up someone "nose" few miles away?

If not, most of everyone has a high quality WDR cameras and they all perform, some better than others, but I am still waiting for the explanation from the originator of the question of his take when he states "military grade WDR camera).

Panasonic WVCP484 is one of the best WDR cameras on the market. Its also the only camera that I have never received a complaint about. It is used for military applications occasionally.

The Toshiba IK65WDA is supposed to be great too, but I haven't sold as many of those or received nearly as much feedback.

Panasonic WVCP484 is one of the best WDR cameras on the market. Its also the only camera that I have never received a complaint about. It is used for military applications occasionally.

The Toshiba IK65WDA is supposed to be great too, but I haven't sold as many of those or received nearly as much feedback.

Panos most favorite is not a military grade product. If it sits inside of explosion proof housing, it may be one of so many avail from others.. Bosch has a excellent solutions as well, few higher in cost and few are lowers.. Same goes with Sanyo and even GE..... Just because the picture quality is excellent and price higher than normal, does not qualify them "military grade"..

Military grade hardware must withstand very harsh environments, dusts, explosions, bullets, dirt, rain and god knows everything that war bring...

Can you have an explosion near by Panos' or any standard cameras and expect them to survive? Guys, the topic is "military grade" not what is the best performer and with best video quality under $500.00?

Panos most favorite is not a military grade product. If it sits inside of explosion proof housing, it may be one of so many avail from others.. Bosch has a excellent solutions as well, few higher in cost and few are lowers.. Same goes with Sanyo and even GE..... Just because the picture quality is excellent and price higher than normal, does not qualify them "military grade"..

Military grade hardware must withstand very harsh environments, dusts, explosions, bullets, dirt, rain and god knows everything that war bring...

Can you have an explosion near by Panos' or any standard cameras and expect them to survive? Guys, the topic is "military grade" not what is the best performer and with best video quality under $500.00?

As I stated it is used for military application occasionally, I have sold many for military projects(non-survellience applications, though they usually can't give me details since I don't have security clearance.) do to the capabilities of the camera. However you are correct, without a housing that camera is not rugged enough for military use.

It is all about the solution not just a single product. Put that Panasonic in a Videolarm BMT10C2 with a 5-100mm zoom lens and you have an extremely durable and powerful camera system that could technically be called a "military camera system".

on another note, the Toshiba IK1000 is often used for military apps.

Here is one that we used for military application:

1. Tokina TM50Z1040AIPN-2 that gives you up to 1,000MM range.

2. Pano StarLight camera (the best Pano makes for CCTV apps) with specs that are out of this world.

3. Dropped them into videotec explosion proof housing and that is what did it... and still works today.. According to initial reports, they easily were able to pickup tremendous details at night or during the day approximately 3 miles away... and that was a conservative distance numbers...

Pricing was not too expensive, but everything combined were a military based package solution.

Another one that was used was from CBC Thermal Imaging Cameras & Accessories that actually are different technology (even hand held is available) that gives you full very usable picture in a pitch dark environment...

May be I am missing a point here on the initial question, but if someone asks "military grade cameras", I do not think they refer to standard cameras most of actually used before...