FredB

GE Ultra View Camera

How is the Ultra view compared to other cameras, say the Mintron W1.

Doing a job with back light problems.

Mine came bad from the factory, i had to send it back, still waiting. Everything is OSD Setup, lots of customisation.

Im looking at Samsung Techwin right now, they have WD Fixed Domes also.

as well as WD Day/Night

ill know by next week.. as im going to test the one i get back, with front door, car lights, and warehouse doors

testing hyperd as all good wd cameras are base on pixim chipset technology

and it look better in suny day than sony dc50a ex ccd or sony bw m324

still need some more work on bios

geting new hyperd with better (day/nite code) new bios on 9/29/y4

i still can see some sun wash out parts in image so this ~380k pixel exposure control zone system is not working as in a white paper note proposal

for now its better then anyting else i seen , so 2nd or 3rd generation of this technology will be big step forward in cctv cameras

10min iterval for 2 days of 3 cam hyperd as cam1 fuji 1.4mm set up to fit a view f1.4 lens and cam3 hyperd cam3 4mm 1/2" f0.75 lens cam2 sony ex bw m324 2.7mm f1.0 lens jpg from axis 2400 50 compresion 704x480

http://www.houstoncomputer.com/~dusan/av/2400arc/

dusan

thats a rough vehicle!

The one I got was terrible, but I was told that was a bad image chip or something so waiting to get it back, probably longer than I expected though as hurricane now hitting Florida and just leaving us.

Anyway, what about the Samsung, do you know what WD technology they use on theirs? They have some day night versions, as well as Day night WD Domes.

http://www.samsungtechwin.com/default.asp

Those day images are some good shots by the way. I liek the wide angle looking out the window

Rory

testing hyperd as all good wd cameras are base on pixim chipset technology

and it look better in suny day than sony dc50a ex ccd or sony bw m324

still need some more work on bios

geting new hyperd with better (day/nite code) new bios on 9/29/y4

Hyperd?

What camera is that? The Ultra View?

Great images

thats a rough vehicle!

The one I got was terrible, but I was told that was a bad image chip or something so waiting to get it back, probably longer than I expected though as hurricane now hitting Florida and just leaving us.

Anyway, what about the Samsung, do you know what WD technology they use on theirs? They have some day night versions, as well as Day night WD Domes.

http://www.samsungtechwin.com/default.asp

Those day images are some good shots by the way. I liek the wide angle looking out the window

Rory

hi

http://ihms.org/sanyo_and_samsung_low_light_secu.htm#SCC-B2305

did not use this model ,i think mintron 62w1 is better on paper

like to see one how well it works and quality of workmanship

i look at that samsung and it is a super had ccd technology (not ex ccd)

and a 2 memory storage pages and some dsp work same as mintron

it do not say anyting how many zone's and it is only 1/3" ccd

so mintron 62w1 is still looking better by the technology used

1/2" ccd and 48 zone light metering , 1/2" ccd will be better then 1/3" for

light sensitivity (bigger pixel size = more light colected in less time)

and samsung camera specs look to me litle strech from truth and not very usable as it is 160x ~ 1.25sec ? time light exposure for 0.001lx in bw mode

so for now give it time and next year new 1/2" wd pixim chipset is out that will be better and less cpu heat and more light sensitivity day/nite mode

ex had ccd is 2 x more light sensitive then super had ccd and 1/2" 2x more

than 1/3" and you add f0.75 lens and you have best combination for low light and if you need more light you can add ir for short (50ft) range lighting

dusan

I think that is the technology by pixem that the Ultraview uses also, dont know what brand of camera dusan is using though.

After this though Im going to buy a bunch of the Samsun Techwin cameras and test them, I like for instance the day night wide dynamic fixed varifocal dome camera, as I need one right now for a gas station job. Ill probably buy the 2 that I need for the job (well client is buying them at dealer cost) and then go from there. They have a good overall selection.

Still Im sticking to the Kalatel DVRs and Hidden cams as well as the Provideo Bullets and a couple of their board cams, Kalatel PTZ, and ExtremeCCTV's IR. Its the pro cameras and fixed domes I like in the samsung techwin range, which are alot different from the other samsung, I am still confused, are there 2 of them???

Rory

thats a different model, Samsung Techwin is the ones I was talking about:

Note - doesnt say if it is Exview or SuperHad::

(Their web site is all javascript so I cant inlude a link to the actual camera)

1/3" Low Light, WDR, Day & Night Color camera

1/3", Vertical double density interline CCD

- 1/3" 410K Pixels, Double Scan Color CCD

- WDR Function ( SVII ) : Wide dynamic range

- Clear & Crisp Image with SSNR

- ICR (Infrared Cut Filter Removable)

Automatic or manual switch from color mode to monochrome

- High Resolution : More than 500 TVL ( Color ), 550 TVL (B/W)

- Automatic Filter Change (Auto Mechanism)

- Min. Illumination

Color:0.2 Lux at F1.2(AGC ON),Min.0.003 Lux at F1.2(Sens-up Mode)

Monochrome : 0.01 Lux at F1.2 (AGC ON )

- Motion Detection, Privacy Image Masking

- Elapsed Timer, OSD, RS-232C

- Dual Voltage AC 24V & DC 12V,AC 220V(PH)

I think this is a different manufcturer?

I know, 1/3" still though I have used 1/2 inch before and even switched it for a 1/3 inch for Infrared and the 1/3 Inch was much better. Panasonic has lot of 1/2" cameras, and Ikegami, but pricey.

Ideally every camera will be Exview, 1" intergrated varifocal lens 1.4-70mm, Wide Dynamic Day Night Switch, and 600TVL, price under $3-400

Edited by Guest

I think that is the technology by pixem that the Ultraview uses also, dont know what brand of camera dusan is using though.

After this though Im going to buy a bunch of the Samsun Techwin cameras and test them, I like for instance the day night wide dynamic fixed varifocal dome camera, as I need one right now for a gas station job. Ill probably buy the 2 that I need for the job (well client is buying them at dealer cost) and then go from there. They have a good overall selection.

Still Im sticking to the Kalatel DVRs and Hidden cams as well as the Provideo Bullets and a couple of their board cams, Kalatel PTZ, and ExtremeCCTV's IR. Its the pro cameras and fixed domes I like in the samsung techwin range, which are alot different from the other samsung, I am still confused, are there 2 of them???

Rory

hi

its a hyperd by baxall chipset by pixim same as ge ultra or pelco 5100 and

more manufactures it is a real wd technology camera that meter each pixel ~380k for 95db dynamic light range not 48 zones as mintron or other's

dusan

hi

its a hyperd by baxall chipset by pixim same as ge ultra or pelco 5100 and

more manufactures it is a real wd technology camera that meter each pixel ~380k for 95db dynamic light range not 48 zones as mintron or other's

dusan

Yeah I noticed they had the custom WD or presets on the Ultraview like for outside, indoors, etc, you can basically chane everything. It was all OSD. Once the hurricane passes Im sure I will get a replacement and will test it out before I reinstall it. Dusan some nice pics by the way.

BtW, even with the bad image I was getting, the WD light correcting was working good, I could stand in the camera view with a light behind me and it saw my face good, and everything behind me..

Rory

There seem to be 5-6 models that are using the pixim chip. Wonder if it really matters which one to get. The vary somewhat in price.

Any thoughts about that?

There seem to be 5-6 models that are using the pixim chip. Wonder if it really matters which one to get. The vary somewhat in price.

Any thoughts about that?

hi

after looking at the ge ultra manual it looks good better than baxal

hyperd if you need 3 video out's ge ultra have 3 video out baxall only one video out and light color is wider on ge ultra 2500-11k

rest i think is same

so only difference is a menu = bios

and if you can download and update bios in field,and it do not look as you can,no outside jport connector,have to open a camera

and so far did not see any download site for new bios, so it looks

as if you want to update your camera you need to send it back to

factory rep

new bios i am geting will have day/nite mode and some more option

then i have now in my hyperd camera

price of ge ultra is ~$400 and for now that is lower than rest wd

pixim chipset cameras so its all down to price and options you need

dusan

It seems like the Everfocus version has Day/night mode already.

hi

everfocus company it not open website (and that is stupid system) so i do not have a password for a eq600 pdf manual,it looks like it uses pixim 2000 chipset if it have a rs232 port and you can update bios on this model if stupid company policy put it on a website for you to downlod

i do not know if lens mount is fix or cs so you can swap it for diffrent size and f 0.8-1.0 stop for better nite sensitivity

it looks good on paper many options from pixim chipset are implemented

anybody have password for pdf manual or a camera for test and software to see how it works ???

dusan

Yes Samsung Electronics and Techwin are two completely different companies, I could be wrong but they are competing against each other, I think Techwin just gets oem and rebadged it while electronics is true manufactorer, i have seen both and they are chalk and cheese, Techwin much worse and less price.. i have heard very bad things about failure rate, but by god they are cheap.

It is pretty hard to go past the Ganz WD It uses the Sony IT sensor, Dsusan i would be interesed to hear you report on it.

http://www.cbcamerica.com/cctvprod/ganz/cams/csmount/csm_pdf/CamZC_Y30NH4.pdf

This is Samsung Techwin's Site: They claim to be genuine Samsung Products, they look much more professional than the other Samsung Cameras that I have seen and used and did not like:

http://www.samsungcctv-info.com/

http://www.samsungtechwin.com

Next this is the one that my distributors are selling over here, different products as far as I can see, and they make their own products also, or label them as theirs: They look really cheesy. ..? Some of the cameras look the same such as the PTZ. DVRs are totally different.

http://www.SAMSUNGCC.TV

This is what I got from Samsung Techwins site:

"Each company within the Samsung Group is an independent legal entity. Samsung Group is not a legal entity. Samsung Group is a term to conveniently refer to a group of companies that are tied together by their corporate history. "

http://www.samsungtechwin.com/html/support/html_legal_notice.asp

whavever that means? I guess they are all allowed to use the name Samsung but are independent of each other..??

I heard the head honcho's split and Techwin bout some manufactoring companies out after selling OEM as samsung, I ahev seen teh diffeence and heard the reports, i would stear well clear of Techwin, although samsung electronics is pretty darn good