loop

Intellix AVR-400S

I know, that doesnt tell us if it is recording each channel in full resolution (multiplexed), or just recording what you are seeing on the screen (quad).

It doesn't, and I don't know of any other standalone at this price range that does.

It records each channel at 30fps in a resolution of 320 X 240.

352 * 240 ( 120 frame recordable)

704 * 240 ( 60 frame recordable)

704 * 480 ( 30 frame recordable)

Check out the specs here:

http://www.digi-flower.co.kr/homepage/product/stand_alone.asp

You can download the manual:

http://www.active-tek.com/jun/Pds/400SManual_eng.pdf

http://www.active-tek.com/jun/Pds/QuickGuide_eng.pdf

I think you are mistaking. I assume it provides 30fps recording for high resolution quad. nothing more than that. especially at this price and without any statement about performance on the spec sheet.

It's compression is MJPEG.

Manual says It works in simplex mode if total recording frame rate is higher than 5 fps. Means you can't playback while recording.

Edited by Guest

I could be, ill know soon enough, should have one to test in the next week or so, my distributor is bringing some in to sell.

At that price, for my appartment, thats all I need anyway Mux or no mux ..

Rory

Not correct.

1.The Ikigami records 30 frames per sec. divided in 4, so 7 frames per channel maximum. The playback quality in the highest res. looks very simular to live video. You can't change it to record in quad mode.

2. It's very easy to find out if a dvr records in quad mode. You play back the video. If it looks like **** , it's quad. If it looks ok its full frame. After that it depends on compession level and compression codec. Wavelet looks better then MJpeg which looks better then H.263. Then you have Mpeg-4, Mjpeg-2, Jpeg. H.264 is coming out soon which will be amazing. Most dvr's record full frame. I just know the Argus one and the AvTech one that lets you do both.

3. Hook up an Argus dvr and see for yourself. It's very obious.

This DVR looks interesting to me for 3 reasons. Mpeg-4 and you can change the quality and audio. I stopped looking at resulotion in these cheaper DVR's. Think compession format makes alot bigger difference.

Yes Indeed

Full frame, Multiplex recording

Looks great, what else is there

Great, I am waiting, my distributor is bringing them in, will sell them to me for same price, I will get one as soon as they arrive there.

Also, what about the Ikegami 16 Channel DVR, Im looking for a low end 16 channel DVR, but the ones so far I have used (Eg, Everfocus) really are not that good. They are in the $1200 range. I need one with software and quality like the HiSharp 16 Channel, but back up features such as CF or CD or even record over network as video not just an image. Everwannafocus only gives OK quality on a CRT Monitor (or a good LCD) at 1000X resolution, 800X resolution is crap. And, only their browser software is any good, the GUI soft is crap. Their local playback is not that great quality also, yet they claim it is a mux.

Any ideas? I posted a seperate thread for this in this same forum.

It could even be a low end 9/10channel, its mainly for home users that need more than 4 cameras.

thanks for the feedback on the Ikegami Fred

It helps alot with decisions.

Rory