hasnainmj

AVTech DVR 777

Hello!

If anybody can help. I want to know that AVTech DVR 777 record video on HDD in which type of file system. Is it Linux ext2?

I need to recover some recording from the hard disk drive, as there is no option to record it on DVD/CD and Network.

Regards,

Is your AVC 777 still operational?

If you place that hard drive back in to the DVR (with the power off!!) can you still bring up video footage that was recorded?

Why do you want to come straight off the hard drive?

The only way to view the video footage is with the hard drive in the DVR.

If your DVR is inoperative, we can still put this hard drive in to an identical machine to pull the video. This DVR does not format upon hard drive installation.

You will have to record the video footage from the DVRs monitor output. This can be plugged in to a VCR, or a video grabber plugged in to a computer/laptop.

Thanks for all your help.

Yes my 777 is working, but when the HDD is loaded back into the DVR and try to search, it show "Disk Empty".

The problem is when I try to mount the HDD in Fedora Linux, it does not automatically detect the file system, thats why I asked about the File system.

Regards,

Hello all,

I have a couple of DVR recorders that appear to have packed up.

I have identified these machines by their circuit boards, they have got '777m multichannel DVR v1.0 2004 Dec' printed on them. Am I right in thinking that these machines are AVTECH 777?

I need to retrieve the video from the discs, either by mounting the drives in a PC or by buying a replacement machine and putting the old drives into them.

Can anyone provide me any help as to how I might go about doing this. I have looked on the AVTECH website and they don't seem to make the 777 anymore, does anyone know of where i can get a replacement or a new device that is compatible?

Alternatively, is it possible to mount the drive in a PC? does anyone know what filesystem the disks are?

The devices are in Birmingham at the moment and I haven't had a chance to look at them myself as yet.

If anyone reading this is an industry professional their might be an opportunity to sell a new DVR machine!

thanks for any help

Simon