Sign in to follow this  
briarwood

Software to control both IP cameras and analog cameras

We've got an existing analog CCTV system comprised of 12 Pelco cameras running through a GE DVMRe-16CT-1000 Triplex and a NVT NV–1613A passive transceiver hub.

We're putting up a new system with IP cameras. My question is, is there anyway to control both systems with one software package?

Eventually the whole system will consist of IP cameras but until then it would be nice to be able to control both systems with the PC based DVR that is being built for the IP cameras.

Milestone, IP Video or Luxriot would be preferred because of the good things I've read about them.

Avermedia would work too, and you can have a combination of 32 cameras in one DVR using both Analog and Megapixel IP technology.

I'm debating buying an NV7000 card for the analog cameras and using the Avermedia software.

Selling the analog dvr and transceiver would go a long way towards paying for the new system.

For third party software I'm looking at Milestone, Video Insight and Luxriot. That's only if we decide to keep the IP cameras separate. Video servers would be more than $2,200.

Wavestore offer a large range of Hybrid digital video recorders, with capacities for up to 32 conventional analogue and an additional 32 IP and megapixel cameras in one box.

A simple IP range of recorders is also available, and very soon, you will be able to obtain a ghost disk to create your own Linux based IP & Megapixel video security system.

I have not posted enough replies to formally list my web site details, but if you google search for "Puls Limited", you will find plenty of information on the Wavestore, including an on-line demonstration of a Live system for you to play with.

We curently use NUUO Products.

Nuuo has Hybrid Systems Solution(DVR Card H/W Compression H.264 or S/W Compression Mpeg4 for analog cameras and IP Licence for IP Cameras).

The system can manage up to 64 Cameras and support the most of the IP and Megapixel IP cameras in the market.

NV7000 would work but AVer is no longer supporting NV7000 so you will not be able to get updateds for NV7000. My recommendation is to go with NV6240exp or NV6480exp. Even NV5000 will work.

I did a similar setup with Axis 241Q 4 port video servers going into a Milestone system - and I agree with your estimate on price. The new Panasonic IP cameras coexist with the older analog via video server just fine.

Since the DVMRe records one frame, you will get twice the vertical resolution on playback with the new system which records both frames.