djmacc

32 port DVR

What would you guys recommend in 16 port and a 32 port DVR? I don't need anything with a lot of features but it should be full multiplex pc based. The cameras will be set up for motion sensing so an enormous hard drive is not required. This is a pretty tight budget so I am looking for the best bang for the buck without shopping myself into a piece of junk.

Do you want PC based system that you can build with your own PC and by adding capture cards and software or something already manufactured either PC based or Embedded?

Do you want PC based system that you can build with your own PC and by adding capture cards and software or something already manufactured either PC based or Embedded?

Already manufactured

What would you guys recommend in 16 port and a 32 port DVR? I don't need anything with a lot of features but it should be full multiplex pc based. The cameras will be set up for motion sensing so an enormous hard drive is not required. This is a pretty tight budget so I am looking for the best bang for the buck without shopping myself into a piece of junk.

Quite of few options are available, if I may add...

I think you need what is called Embedded systems. These type of system has taken DVR market with a storm, as they are very easy to operate, basically no maintenance, OS resides on flash card rather than on hard drives, purpose of the hard drives is to store video, easily upgradeable to higher capacity storage, no worries to keep up with conventional OS requirements of updates or upgrades and many more.

Going Embedded systems have their pros and cons. But for the price and budget, they provide the most cost effective and yet, great performers.

They do not come with all the bells and the whistles that most higher end PC based systems do, but they hold up very well across their performance, warranty and support.

There are quite of few manufacturers make these type of systems, but I can refer you to only majors, who will stand behind their products with much needed warranty and support.

American Dynamics EDVR Series - starts with an average of $1,000 and goes up from there... The warranty is 3 years.

Mitsubishi series of DVRs - start from around $3,000 and goes up from there... The warranty is 5 years.

CBC series of DVRs - start from $1,000 and goes up from there. The warranty is 3 years.

Sanyo series - start from an average of $1,500 and goes up from there... The warranty is 3 years.

Similar packages are available from GE Security and Panasonic at much higher prices...

At the end, regardless which model you will choose, you will be best assured that the product works, backed by a major manufacturer and the warranty that will give you piece of mind... The support is yet another major advantage.. It is avail directly with manufacturers or online..

If you have any preference on brand, please let me know... or PM me and I can give you pricing for each model...

I have purchased AVerMedia 32 ports video/audio 960fps display and 480fps record 1G HDD system for under $ 3500 and 960fps display and 960fps record for under $4200 US. It comes will alot of feature and what i really like about it is that very easy to use and everything is preinstall ready to go. Here is the web site [edit by mod-store link removed]. I buy it on dealer price so my cost is even lower. Hope this helps...