Hi, got trouble with finding a good solution for putting pos info on a dvr with no pos function. There are a text file on a pos server who i need to read info from an put on screen in front of camera picture. So i just wondered if it's possible to set up a client with capture card with 8 ch and a card with just as many ch video out, but not loop exactly loop thru.

In the client i wondered about making or getting a software where the video is compressed into the software, log file is shared on network and software is capturing the text out of the logfile and set a text overlay over the video.

When text overlay is on video, it sent out the video out ports.

Then the picture is finished with video overlay of pos info almost realtime when it reach the dvr!

Someone who have a any experience with something like this, and now if this is gonna work, what equipment 2 use or if it's some other solution for this?

The follow is my experience to share, don't know whether got you point .

You want to find the solution that the software come with the dvr card have the function to capture the text file from the pos sent port and then turn it into the information to be shown in the video? Such as the “timeâ€

Check with AVerMedia. When I was talking to one of the Techs' at AVer USA they said that for Autogas company they have come up with a small client to run on POS that sends the text to DVR's Ethernet via one of the TCP port and DVR displays it on which ever camera you map the text to. You can also then do search based on the text. Contact AVerMedia USA and they might be able to help you with this.

Check with AVerMedia. When I was talking to one of the Techs' at AVer USA they said that for Autogas company they have come up with a small client to run on POS that sends the text to DVR's Ethernet via one of the TCP port and DVR displays it on which ever camera you map the text to. You can also then do search based on the text. Contact AVerMedia USA and they might be able to help you with this.

Looks dangerously alike the one from geovision, problem there are capture box is not made for capturing from network. But i think i maybe can fix this with pos capture boxes, if i change cashregister to use printer, beecouse the logfile was not in use.

The question is then, is it possible to connect a capture box with cable in, but not out, or will the cash register get error for not finding printer.

Also got info about how fetch pos info thru tcp. Has to test this first!

There are several ways to do what you wish to achieve, but several pitfalls as well.

the first is Text Overlay, you dont need to worry about plugging a seperate input, as most text overlay box's pas the printer information through the device...IE printer output goes into the box then through the box and out the other side, this represents only two issues, 1/ does the box support the same baud rates etc that your printer does 2/ how is the text layed out and can the box handle that layout...this is fairly basic and results in a simple text overlay on your screen overlayed onto the video, you can then use any DVR you like, but you have no data base to search.

The second is databased text overlay, it uses the same concept but the data box actually stores the data that passes through it in a database on the DVR, this can also (with some brands) allow you to transmit via ethernet to the dvr, this allwos for basic searching, because you can ONLY search what would be on the docket.

The last is full database journal translation, most large POS systems have a back office PC where the journals (transactions in FULL) are sent, you simply translate the database that exists on this pc and create a database that your DVR can use, this is great because you can search the full journal...not just the printed reciept, there are no data box's used.

This last option allows you to filter your database... IE you may firstly look at the entire days sales, then narrow to a particular operator, then narrow to a particular register, then narrow to a particular product, then narrow to a particular department, then narrow to sales over a particular amount, then narrow to ones that had staff discount, then narrow to the ones that were voided or took a long time to scan or had manager over rides...this is the best way to do POS Searching, however it is considerably more expensive to write the tranclation between two databases.