Ubon94

IR reflect off windshield

Is it an outdoor bullet camera? Can you mount it outside of the car?

You can open the camera, and void the warranty, and you can cut the power to the LEDs, or you can put a switch to manually turn the IR on, and off.

Or is the camera looking at the car as it drives by, and you are getting reflection?

You can get a polarization filter to cut down on the reflection. These are readily available at photography stores. You may have to use silicone sealant to attach it to the camera. You need to rotate the filter clockwise, and counter clockwise until you find the "sweet" spot that prevents the glare.

The problem of putting it outside it can be tamper with and when it rain there's nothing to wipe of the lens

It's got to be able to see at night while the car is moving..let just say it's in a police car

Possible to strap an IR illuminator to the overheads?

It sounds like this is your own personal setup?

Do you activate the DVR with the same switch that activates the Red, and Blues?

IR on the cam sucks, get a quality black and white camera. You should have plenty of light without the need for IR.

IR on the cam sucks, get a quality black and white camera. You should have plenty of light without the need for IR.

Absolutely. I have a Toshiba IK-6410 mounted to my windshield and there is plenty of light at night to see for driving purposes. Even when there is no ambient light you should still have your headlights and then camera should see just as clearly as you did when you were driving.

If you NEED another light source then consider a seperate IR emitter attached to the lightbar or behind the grille. Then you need to make sure your camera is a true day/night with mechanical IR filter so you get normal colors during the day but good IR sensitivity at night.

I have never tried to use a camera with built-in IRs to see through a window. I figure it woudl just reflect the IR back into the camera.