Scruit

No loop out, but need to loop out...

This is a mobile DVR application.

1) I have just obtained a new device that connects inline with the video signal and overlays vehicle location/heading and speed using GPS.

2) I would like to export the video from the front camera (ch1) either WITH or WITHOUT the speed reading (depending on if it's in my best interests to let people know how fast I was going)

3) I am currently using 3 of the 4 channels

4) My plan was to use the loop out of channel 1, run it through the GPS overlay device and then into channel 4 - this would give me a 'copy' of the front camera on ch1 with GPS data. Therefore I could choose to export ch1 (no GPS data) or ch4 (with GPS data).

5) Whoops!! There's no loop outs!

Given all the above, what is the cheapest and easiest way to do what I'm trying to do without losing quality?

I have a cheap RCA-branded F-type coax splitter from back when we had basic cable - you know the type, it lets you run your cable tv signal to two TVs. Would this work for my problem above? Would it lose quality?

This is a mobile DVR application.

1) I have just obtained a new device that connects inline with the video signal and overlays vehicle location/heading and speed using GPS.

2) I would like to export the video from the front camera (ch1) either WITH or WITHOUT the speed reading (depending on if it's in my best interests to let people know how fast I was going)

3) I am currently using 3 of the 4 channels

4) My plan was to use the loop out of channel 1, run it through the GPS overlay device and then into channel 4 - this would give me a 'copy' of the front camera on ch1 with GPS data. Therefore I could choose to export ch1 (no GPS data) or ch4 (with GPS data).

5) Whoops!! There's no loop outs!

Given all the above, what is the cheapest and easiest way to do what I'm trying to do without losing quality?

I have a cheap RCA-branded F-type coax splitter from back when we had basic cable - you know the type, it lets you run your cable tv signal to two TVs. Would this work for my problem above? Would it lose quality?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Never split video use

Video Distributor 1 in 2 out Audio/Video

lots of them around

pm me for more info

What did u get for inline GPS ?

Brand,model number ?

I found a 1-in 2-out powered distribution amplifier from an online CCTV store for about $25. It arrives today, will check it out.