I picked up an Axis 207MW a couple weeks ago on the advice of another board member. The quality of a static image is superb and the wifi feature is great. The problem I am finding is that the video is very blurry when there is movement. If someone walks past the camera, they are essentially un-recognizable until they stop for a second. Is this normal? I have only used it with the axis software, but I assume once I bring it into a Geo DVR (hopefully soon) or Avermedia, that the results would be better. What have others experienced with this camera?

No, it should be a good image. Is the wireless signal poor...or is the image poor even when wired?

I picked up an Axis 207MW a couple weeks ago on the advice of another board member. The quality of a static image is superb and the wifi feature is great. The problem I am finding is that the video is very blurry when there is movement. If someone walks past the camera, they are essentially un-recognizable until they stop for a second. Is this normal? I have only used it with the axis software, but I assume once I bring it into a Geo DVR (hopefully soon) or Avermedia, that the results would be better. What have others experienced with this camera?

Do you have a demo address for that?

I have seen what 501 is describing, I would be very interested in finding out what causes this.

We had it set up over a wired 10/100 LAN (no excess traffic)

We tried it with the AXIS software

It's slow shutter just like the Samsung and Bosch low light crapola. I don't sell or support Axis but thats basically what happens when you slow the shutter down to get more light in.

I know it's not related to lighting because it happens in a bright room or dimly lit room. I tested it last night with both the wired and wireless connection and had it plugged directly into my router where my monitoring PC is connected so I don't think it's a bandwidth issue. I also tried both Mjpeg and Mpeg4 and no matter what, motion causes it to be blurry.

I can post a link to the camera or perhaps some video clips or I can email the clips as well. It puzzling, the camera's resolution is great but if you can't have motion on it, it kind of defeats the purpose.

Ideas? Everyone who sees it are very impressed until there is motion.

Thats doesn't mean it's not a shutter speed issue, CMOS cameras are different from CCD. They have different means of dealing with light.

disable the slow shutter or night sense or whatever they call the feature .. doesnt matter if it is day or night it will still be there if it is enabled.

Well done Rory and CollinR, Thanks!

There is a setting under the "Video/Image Settings" under "advanced" where you choose low light behavior. It had a choice of frame rate, picture quality or none. I changed it to none and now it's much smoother. Thanks guys. The room the cam is in has a LOT of light, so I just assumed it had nothing to do with this.