dans95tbird

Help me Hook up 2 checkpoint multiplexer

Can anyone help me? I have an old sensormatic vm96 system and its on its last leg, so i am trying to hook up 2 checkpoint multiplexers. Is there a way to hook them up in series so i can use 1 touchtracker and 1 time lapse vcr? [/b]

If CCTV_Supplies doesn't know the answer, I'd suggest checking out the American Dynamics website

http://www.americandynamics.net and then go to "support" then "support documents". Browse the catagories and the model numbers. AD has an excellent free, online database for their products.

UMDRanger, thanks for your confidence, I appreciate it...

To answer this question correctly, which Checkpoint multiplexers are you referring to? Also, how many domes and cameras are you controlling through this VM96 Matrix Switch?

You probably have the older version of the TouchTrackers that will only work with VM96 Matrix Switch... and I can tell you however that the same TouchTracker will not work with any of the newer matrix switchers from American Dynamics.

Calling American Dynamics or even Checkpoint will not work... None of them have any financial responsibility or moral obligation to help... because they are not making money for an advise.

Once you get back to us with the models of these multiplexers from Checkpoint, then we can determine if they will work (we have a cross reference sheet showing compatibility based on the year of manufacture)...

If you have smaller switch, i.e. control of 16 domes or less, then I can suggest a much simpler solution... but again, since you are using VM96, how many domes do you control with it?

Let us know and we will do our best to get you the answers.

I currently have 20 cameras, 5 stills, and 15 ultra 8 domes, the touch tracker is model ADTT16 not 16E, the model number of the checkpoint multiplexers are the same model# ckp-16cd.

I currently have 20 cameras, 5 stills, and 15 ultra 8 domes, the touch tracker is model ADTT16 not 16E, the model number of the checkpoint multiplexers are the same model# ckp-16cd.

Since your VM96 is in its last stretch and parts are very rare to obtain (we do have some parts, but very limited)... your other choices are as follows:

1. The most cost effective option is to buy ADTT16E touchtracker and connect directly to your domes (using this keyboard allows you to control up to 16 domes only). You can bring back the video from your domes and "still" cameras to your Checkpoint multiplexer and then use your VCRs to record... This touchtracker is a full blown controller and again, is the cheapest way to get you up and running...

2. You can purchase 32 position matrix switch with keyboards separately (your VM96 touchtracker keyboard will not work on any matrix switch other than VM96)... The model number for this new system is ADMPLT32 (price should be around $1,300.00) and it does not come with any keyboards... and your choice is to use either ADTTE, ADCC0200P (with 2 axis joystick) or ADCC0300P (with 3 axis joystick... Out of all the keyboards, the ADCC0200P should be the most cost effective and works better than the touchtracker...

3. You can purchase 16 position matrix switch with keyboard separately (your VM96 touchtracker keyboard will not work on any matrix switch other than VM96)... The model number for this new system is ADMPLT16 (price should be under $800.00) and it does not come with any keyboards... and your choice is to use either ADTTE, ADCC0200P (with 2 axis joystick) or ADCC0300P (with 3 axis joystick... Out of all the keyboards, the ADCC0200P should be the most cost effective and works better than the touchtracker...

4. Buy parts if available for your VM96... As I stated above, we have some parts, but not for complete system... and dependent what is wrong with your VM96, it may be a long shot to get it working...

I will suggest going with option two and your choice of keyboards...

Have you ever considered to go with Intellex system? Besides the fact it will replace your multiplexer and VCR combination, but also not only you can control your domes locally, but also remotely...

Let me know if you need anything else.