yero21

Remote Viewing with Satilite Internet

Hello,

I have setup a DVR8 Standalone system at the house running at&t yahoo DSL and I have satilite internet to remote view. For some reason the packets don't make it to my end and get dropped. I am using wild blue satilte DSL. Would it work if I installed WildBlue Internet on the DVR side too? Anyone had this problem and found a working around? Thank you all.

I was able to use wildblue (at my home) to view Geovision DVRs that were connectied to cable and DSL connections (client sites).

The live video did not come through very well. With the high latency of satellite, I would recommend just viewing JPG images and refreshing often. I don't know if your DVR has a low-bandwidth connection option like Geovision does, but if so - try that.

The AI DVR Standalone DVR I have is a MPEG it won't work? A person that hughes internet is able to view with a delay but not with wildblue. The wildblue location is in afton virgina. I was told that I might need to lower my quality rate from best to normal. Any other ideas?

Has anyone used sattellite at the Camera end and then viewed the remote over a cable/dsl connection? Also the customer wants to view/control PTZ. Any experience with something like this??

I currently have a customer with a remote business/warehouse location. The cable company wanted to charge $6,000.00 to run a cable from their nearest pole to the location. We had Wildblue installed at the location and got the Pro Package with the fastest speeds. It worked great up until we went over the bandwidth limit. The max usage they allow to upload in any 30 day period is 5,000 MB. After 2 weeks we were well above that. The DVR is basically streaming 10 cameras at MPEG4 with highest quality for about 10-15 hours a day. We are now in the process of getting a commercial package so we will not get slowed to less than dialup speeds. But, when it's on at normal speed, it was just as fast as DSL, if not comparable to a slower cable connection. If you are going to do this, I would just recommend getting a commercial package capable of uploading at least 15,000 MB per month, or less depending on how often it is streaming. Other than that, we've had no issues whatsoever.

I was able to use wildblue (at my home) to view Geovision DVRs that were connectied to cable and DSL connections (client sites).

The live video did not come through very well. With the high latency of satellite, I would recommend just viewing JPG images and refreshing often. I don't know if your DVR has a low-bandwidth connection option like Geovision does, but if so - try that.

We have a Wild Blue Sat connection that runs 4 cams in our camp at the CA border to watch over things. It is a little slow, and during peak busy times of daylight 8-5 PST it kicks us off a lot.

During the night time connection speeds are ok for one user.

We use this site to pass through and connect into: advr dot com dot tw

Just make sure that the router has the port for your System to pass through to the DVR correct, and I use a fixed IP address on the DVR all the time. Since it is a IP address that is a short term lease, usually a week or so, you may want to have a DDNS behind the router installed on a PC to give you the correct IP address when it is re-leased to a new IP address.

Ken

Border Patrol Auxiliary

Done many functions remotely over Wild Blue just change your ports up some.

Basically everything I have tried worked, the BW cap is a PITA though.