dnsource

Help with an indoor camera from my home

what would be a good camera to put inside my home. I need day/night camera with a wide angle. I currently have a dome which was given to me but the quality is terrible.

what would be a good camera to put inside my home. I need day/night camera with a wide angle. I currently have a dome which was given to me but the quality is terrible.

How is the lighting conditions at night? How wide of an angle to you want to cover?

One of the basic cameras that you can use is IR based bullets that could do the trick... Or, if you have decent lights at night, you can use day/night cameras with IR corrected lens and obtain optimized picture...

There are too many options available in these categories, so what also will help if you can tell us your estimated budget, so the members can have a better feel which models could work...

Happy New Year man...

How is the lighting conditions at night? How wide of an angle to you want to cover?

Its pitch dark at night. It will be in the living room which is about 30x30. Nothing too expensive just has to have somewhat decent quality. I have a group home business and its mainly to monitor the people in the home.

Edited by Guest

This may not be what you are looking for, but it is a good camera, and it is vari focal. That means that it can be a wide angle camera, or a reg camera, or a little bit of zoom camera.

You can hang a basket with some silk plants from a hook in the ceiling.

Set the plant, and the camera so that if you look in the general direction then you will not notice the camera so much as the plant should catch your attention. You will have to decide how to set it up. Do you want the plant close to the camera so that it is looking through the plant, or would you want the plant off to one side? Will the plant block the view?

If you have planter shelves then you can build a "bird house", and have the camera look out the hole. You can make anything that matches your decor.

You can use a B/W covert "motion detector" camera, and you can install an IR illuminator so that you can see in complete darkness. The Illuminator will not be hidden, but the camera will be.

i dont mind an IR camera. I guess a bullet would be fine. Any smaller ones you would recommend for me?

Its a business so I'm not really looking to add any fancy decorations around it, just want to keep it simple. Also nothing too too expensive, just a camera that does the job. (remember its gonna be put indoors in place of a dome I have put in)