jojo911

WDR Camera

I have an installation project that's coming and it requires 20 WDR Box cameras, 12/24 powered and Day and Night preferably. I've done some research, and so far, I narrowed it down to these 4 choices.

GE's UltraView Series

Panasonic Super Dynamic II

Ambush - AM80H-WD

JVC - TK-WD310U

I've tried Panasonic SDII in my previous installation and I was satisfied with the result. However, the price was little stiff, I think it was around $450 (dealer price). Has anyone tried the above mentioned cameras? Any affordable pricings?

I had tested all these models excluding Ambush model. All provide good results, however Panasonic cp-474 still is on top. When we tested these cameras in an extreme environments like warehouse locations near by the roll up gates, you can have the lighting change to be extreme, bright spots, dark spots and inability to view inside of the container and most of the time, the pictures were washed off... With Panasonic cameras, we are able to get a very clean and good picture and it has something to do with the SDII technology. From the price stand point, the panaosonic camera is still the highest in cost, however here is a url that offers cheaper pricing for the same product: http://www.securitysupplyhouse.com/panwvcamccdc1.html

Levon

Yeah, but its Everfocus! Thats like COP-USA, Mace, Eclipse, etc ..

I personibly don't think it's going to make that much of a difference. I picked up a Ultraview camera last week to try it. Will get an Everfocus to compare. They both use the same CCD. My experiance is that the lens makes more of a difference anyway. A WD cam with night vision and slow capture time sounds really interesting to me. Will post some info after compering them.

Thanks for all the tips guys.

I just had placed on orders online yesterday for some samples.

EverFocus EQ600 WDII

Ambush D11-CB80H-WD-TDN (dome version looked pretty interesting)

They were quite affordable at around $300 dealer pricing.

I have Panasonic CP-474 from my previous installations and I am going to compare them on one screen. I'm going to get a sample for GE's Ultraview camera today but does anyone know where I could get a good pricing for it? Also can you recomend me some lens that works the well with WDR camera? I was planning to use Tamron 13VA308AS on all of these cams but if there's better lens you think that works better with WDR cams please let me know.

Well as soon I test'em out myself I'll let you all know how they perform.

Thanks guys.

hi

your tamron is a video iris lens

on dc lens you do not need a connector soldering on video iris lens you do

any good lens of f1:0 or better is good if you can use that view size

i tested a fuji 1.4mm f1.4 dc lens and its nice wide angle and sharp

and tested 4mm f0.75 and it is not very good for low light not much help

from fast lens on this pixim d1000 1/3" cmos wd camera, to much video noise

at low light,have 2 diffren bioses in camera's and one is better looking,so bios makes a big diffrence in this pixim cmos cameras

everfocus eq600 wdll looks like it uses pixim d2000 cmos chipset, so get a serial cable and software to do a setup optimization on it and let see some low light jpg's and let me see a copy of user manual

dusan

Thanks for all the tips guys.

I just had placed on orders online yesterday for some samples.

EverFocus EQ600 WDII

Ambush D11-CB80H-WD-TDN (dome version looked pretty interesting)

They were quite affordable at around $300 dealer pricing.

I have Panasonic CP-474 from my previous installations and I am going to compare them on one screen. I'm going to get a sample for GE's Ultraview camera today but does anyone know where I could get a good pricing for it? Also can you recomend me some lens that works the well with WDR camera? I was planning to use Tamron 13VA308AS on all of these cams but if there's better lens you think that works better with WDR cams please let me know.

Well as soon I test'em out myself I'll let you all know how they perform.

Thanks guys.

Ultra View at ADI for $330

Get a Comutar with F1:00 Asperical lens. Works great.

Someone posted that in would look better to use a 1/2 lens on a 1/3 inch camera. Never tried that. Does it make a big difference??

Some feedback on that would be great!!!

Fred B

All lenses lose resolution towards the edge of the image.

If you do a test with a 1/3" wide angle lens on a 1/3" camera, (aperture (iris) set to maximum) focus on an object in the middle of the screen about ten feet away, then gently turn the camera so that the object moves towards the edge of the picture. With most lenses, the target object will become less sharp.

If you use a larger series, e.g. 1/2" on 1/3" cameras, or 2/3" on 1/2", then all the rubbish bits are out of sight of the imager.

In basic terms, it's only picking up the good stuff in the middle of the view!

You can use any larger format lenses on smaller imagers (e.g. 1" lens on 1/4" CCD) but not the other way around.

I personibly don't think it's going to make that much of a difference. I picked up a Ultraview camera last week to try it. Will get an Everfocus to compare. They both use the same CCD. My experiance is that the lens makes more of a difference anyway. A WD cam with night vision and slow capture time sounds really interesting to me. Will post some info after compering them.

It doesnt look like the everfocus has night vision, or maybe I was readin the wrong data sheet.

Anyway, as for chips, tons of cameras use Sony' chips but they still are very different in camera hardware quality as well as image quality.

For example, I use MS software to make a web site, and so do others, but the person that puts more time and effort into it, and knows more, will produce a better quality web site.

It doesnt look like the everfocus has night vision, or maybe I was readin the wrong data sheet.

Anyway, as for chips, tons of cameras use Sony' chips but they still are very different in camera hardware quality as well as image quality.

For example, I use MS software to make a web site, and so do others, but the person that puts more time and effort into it, and knows more, will produce a better quality web site.

It looks like the Everfocus camera is using the Pixim chip also, same chip as the Ultra View. I love the idea of the Ultra View ( if I can get the camera to work correctly) but is missing the night vision. If the Everfocus one can do both, I think it would be really valibul. Will get one to compare.

why didnt you get it to work properly?

When mine came back from GE I just plugged and play, it works right out of the box, for a front entrance anyway, never tried it outdoors.

why didnt you get it to work properly?

When mine came back from GE I just plugged and play, it works right out of the box, for a front entrance anyway, never tried it outdoors.

Exchanged it for a new one today. Tried it and the camera works great. The old one only showed b/w for some reason. Ordered the Everfocus one today. Should be getting it in a week. I am sure that the GE camera is better built, but if the picture is the same it's okej. I need it for a parking garage facing the gates and really need the night vision.

Seems to be a few problems with GE cameras about, my two cents..

As far as wide dynamic goes, the Pana is the best, but they sure do not miss you, I have to say the Ganz wide Dynamic, coupled with its tinted Day Night aspherical lenses works a treat and much cheaper.

Seems to be a few problems with GE cameras about, my two cents..

As far as wide dynamic goes, the Pana is the best, but they sure do not miss you, I have to say the Ganz wide Dynamic, coupled with its tinted Day Night aspherical lenses works a treat and much cheaper.

I agree, as far as the Ultraview goes, and their GBC version of fixed cameras, had to send some back and also seen others on this forum with the same issue.

I havent had any issues with their Cam Plus models yet, all worked great out of the box. But thats 2 Ultraviews right off the top from me and from Fred! It seems if you get one good you get all good, if you get one bad all are bad! THey must have had a hard weekend at the factory, drunk or high at the time of production of the bad bunch. :-0

Youd probably have better luck with Japenese built as those guys work like machines! Gawd help us if Bahamians ever started making cameras, they would be just as bad (or worst) as 'made in mexico' products!

It appears if you are going to have a problem with GE cameras at least it happens right out of the box, except that still holds up the installation. I now ask my distributor to test EVERY camera first before shipping to me as it takes long enough to get here as it is, let alone having to send it back and wait for another one ..

Only had 1 bad provideo bullet camera out of the box, so far. When i was selling them, had a few COP USA cameras that went bad over a period of a short time, had to send back, and they were replaced with other bad ones, needless to say I dont buy them anymore. Seen plently of bad Eclipse in the field, not mine though as I dont sell cheap crapp anymore. Bought 1 Hunt Dome Vandal Resist, been going 3 years since day one no probs. Had 1 bad Phillips camera out of an order of 10 of them. Ofcourse apart from the Ultraview some of these issues could have been power spikes here on installation.

Rory

About that EQ600 by Everfocus.............I just listened to a guy's pitch that the EQ600 is the best WDR camera he's seen. He bragged that the spec sheet for that camera reads 95 db of dynamic range. The 484 reads 52 db and the Ganz ZC 701 (my personal favorite) reads 60 db

Im a little unfamiliar with what this spec really means as I usually focus on the S/N ratio of a camera. What is the difference and why would the Everfocus have such a higher rating?

Thanks

shoot just jumped on this thread.

Man if you guys are not willing to pay the price for the panasonic then man you guys are cheap! Because the panansonic is so worth it. Man ever since I started selling them they have been so easy to sell even tothe people that were real price conscious at first.

I think the panasonic camera could be sold for more. I would pay more if I had to. I resell the dang things for about 1000 dollars anyway. Not counting lens or labor. And people will pay fror quality if they see the value.

Give it a shot you wont be disappointed.

A grand for a 484, huh? Sounds like you're really gettin over on that one, my man. If you're married to that camera then I guess I would say you know how to pick 'em'. Your customers?.........not so much. Personally, I have 2......yes, its the best looking camera I've seen with real D/N.........still unsuitable for locations where i need VP domes, etc. A thousand bucks....................classic.

you have got to make your money. People have no problem paying it when I show them application photo's. I have been selling alot of extreme cameras lately so I guess when you go from selling a vp ir dome for 1500 then a wdr camera for 1000 seems in exspensive. by the way what is up with extremes month and a half build time? they have been lagging lately.

Yeah they tend to be "very" slow these days ...

PS. remember to stay clear of the WizKids ..

here is a few pics from a recent residental installation.

mjerretcourtyard.jpg

mjerretpool.jpg

those pics are from before I told them to go back and get the housing out of the pics.

WDR cameras are great. In those pics the camera shot would be either really dark in some areas or really washed out. I like the WDR's they give you the ENTIRE picture