neptune769

Help with Touch Tracker & Delta Dome

Hello Everyone,

First I hope I posted this in the right place. If not please forgive me. I am in need of help from someone with a American Dynamics/Sensormatic Touch Tracker. I need a photo of the Board of the EIM (External Interconnect Module). I need the photo to be of the front & back. I don't have one & I would like to see what it looks like. If someone could help I would greatly appreciate it. Also does anyone have schematics for the the American Dynamics/Sensormatic Delta Dome (0100-2283-15)? I think I have a bad power supply board but I can't test it. Thanks in advance.

Dennis

Hello Everyone,

First I hope I posted this in the right place. If not please forgive me. I am in need of help from someone with a American Dynamics/Sensormatic Touch Tracker. I need a photo of the Board of the EIM (External Interconnect Module). I need the photo to be of the front & back. I don't have one & I would like to see what it looks like. If someone could help I would greatly appreciate it. Also does anyone have schematics for the the American Dynamics/Sensormatic Delta Dome (0100-2283-15)? I think I have a bad power supply board but I can't test it. Thanks in advance.

Dennis

Dennis, to obtain schematics for this type of hardware is literally impossible. To change components on your touchtracker is not that difficult, but there are some parts that are so old that you will have hard time to find them... mainly the receiver and transmitter chips are where you mostly will have the problems to find them, as they are obsolete for quite of long time... As for the buttons, well that is already a different issue... I do not think you can buy them new, unless if you get your hands on some defective unit that you can get such parts that you probably can get them from e-bay...

As for the schematics for the Delta domes... not happening.. These domes are very old and no paperwork is available to my knowledge.. However, changing the power supply (should not be that difficult), some of the gears and some of the power supply regulators could do the trick..

Most of these pictures and schematics are kept in a very secure control and I am not sure if it is possible to get them at all... In our case, we were successful to fix some of these items... Mostly the cause is power supply, regulators and some of its internal gears (for the dome that is)...

Hope this helps.

Check out the American Dynamics website

http://www.americandynamics.com

Then go to "Support" and then "support documents", finally "speeddomes".

You *may* find information there to help you.

I say this, because the old RA486 Speeddomes had huge manual that covered the breakdown, wiring pin to pin for cables, etc. However, it does not have the component board pin-pin layout. Just the major connections.