hio

can I make IR remote control on a AVC760

I have an AVC760 DVR, and allso a remote control from an AVC761. My question: is it possible to make/connect an infra red reciever to the main-board?? When I look on the mainboard, they allready made a place for the infra red connector (3.5mm Jack). Is it the same board as the 761??

Anybody allready tested this, or am I the first one who thinks this??

I wonder if the rest of the SMD components are placed on the board allready. This week, I want to try it with (for example) an TSOP-1730 IR reciever. Hope it will work !! I let you know !!!

Sorry for my excellent english

I would be interested in your experiment!

http://scorpiontheater.com/cpcamtechsupport.aspx

The AVTech AVC 760, CPCam 560, and the Nubix 4BC is a model 3. This is the only one that cannot be backed up with a USB, it has to be backed up by the remote software.

Model 3 does not have the USB feature. Models 1,2, 4, and 5 do.

http://211.75.84.102/web/manu/760.pdf

AVC 761, and the CPD 561 is a model 4 MJPEG at frame, MPEG4 at CIF, 1 audio in, with IR.

http://211.75.84.102/web/manu/761.pdf

AVC 781, and CPD 501 is a model 2 MPEG4 at frame, MPEG4 at CIF, 2 audio in, no IR.

http://211.75.84.102/web/manu/781.pdf

AVC 782A, and CPD 502 is a model 1 MPEG4 at frame. Model 1 is the only one with the CD back up, and it has 2 audio inputs.

Model 5 does not have the power/data bus, but it has 2 audio inputs, CD back up, and it has IR.

http://211.75.84.102/web/manu/782.pdf

Thanks for keeping me posted!

Test with a TSOP1730, didn't work... Next test is a TSOP1738. Can anybody post a picture from the AVC761 mainboard. I think on the 760 board, there are some SMD components missing.

I want to see the AVC761 board speacialy the place with the 3.5 mm IR jack connector at the back.

Robert, Netherlands

Not possible a lot of components is missing on the mainboard, like resistors and SMD I.C.'s.

So I gather the IR remote and ability to back up to USB is the only difference between the 760 and 761? It appears to be according to the published specs.

The 760 is being discounted down here in NZ and I want to be sure I'm not giving up any recording quality. We pay up the nose for everything so I have to pay attention to prices!

the 760 is being discounted?? I thought the 760 and the 761 are new models...

Quality looks fine to me, I use the 760 now, but I want allso the IR remote

Simple Hio,

2 solutions:

1---

Sketch out the IR circuit from a 761. It will only be a couple of resistors and probably 1 smd IC, (an op-amp) to amplify/level convert the signal from the IR reciever and feed it to the system processor.

Add these bits to the 760 board with a very fine tipped soldering iron.

Stick some 761 firmware in it and bobs ur unkle.

Although 761 firmware might not like being unable to find the usb bits

2---

Buy a 761

Cheers,

Snoogs

*waves @ Kiwi from Tasmania

Simple Hio,

Not really...

1---

Sketch out the IR circuit from a 761. It will only be a couple of resistors and probably 1 smd IC, (an op-amp) to amplify/level convert the signal from the IR reciever and feed it to the system processor.

Add these bits to the 760 board with a very fine tipped soldering iron.

Its actually a lot of components, I have compared the two boards side by side thinking that 25% price difference was too much for a remote control and a handful of components.

Stick some 761 firmware in it and bobs ur unkle.

Although 761 firmware might not like being unable to find the usb bits

AVC760/761/783 share the same firmware so you won't need to bother about this part.

Buy a 761

Trust me, it will be easier and cheaper to do it this way.

the 760 is being discounted?? I thought the 760 and the 761 are new models...

Quality looks fine to me, I use the 760 now, but I want allso the IR remote

Hmm.. .think it might be possible to add in the IR remote in another way.

There's an external IO port, which support RS-232. According to the DVR manual, the system support being control vie ascii's command through the RS232 port.

It might be easier to buid a ascii command sender to the RS-232 port, and then build an IR module to control which command to send to the port.

But in the end, apart from experimenting (this way's without voiding the warranty as you don't need to solder anything to it), cost wise, it might be cheaper to just get the AVC761, unless you are able to build everything within $50.

On 2nd thought, the Remote Controller fro AVC761 might just be an ascii commands sender, and the IR receiver basically just convert the IR signal to the RS232 port, that might be the way the IR module work in AVC761 vs AVC760. Am just speculating, someone with the correct equipment might want to test out what kind of command the remote controller is sending to verify.

Its actually a lot of components, I have compared the two boards side by side thinking that 25% price difference was too much for a remote control and a handful of components.

So what are the numbers on the chips that are extra on the 761?

someone with the correct equipment might want to test out what kind of command the remote controller is sending to verify.

I have all the gear. anyone got a good reason for me to do the work, knock out a 20 page report (with pictures etc) and mod intructions for something that is already an option for a couple of $$ more?

Cheers,

Snoogs

PS. Textronics: TDS220 with FFT option FTW