jasmilelv

what kind of camera is suitable for classroom?

I have 30 classroom, and parents want to know how well their kids is in the school. I want to use DVR plus analog cameras. So what kind of camera is suitable to be installed? I think the high speed dome is too big, and the children will feel not ease under such big camera. Can anyone who are experienced with this kind of project offer me an installing scheme? Thank you.

I have 30 classroom, and parents want to know how well their kids is in the school. I want to use DVR plus analog cameras. So what kind of camera is suitable to be installed? I think the high speed dome is too big, and the children will feel not ease under such big camera. Can anyone who are experienced with this kind of project offer me an installing scheme? Thank you.

Check your local laws first. I'd be amazed if there was any school in the US that would broadcast images of children inside a classroom out on the public internet. It's one thing to keep the images on closed circuit and available on to a limited number of administrators - but letting anyone who claims to be a parent log in .... Nuh-uh.

Legality aspect aside (which you should find out for sure), a typical classroom can take from 1 to up to 3 cameras... Size of the classrooms could make the determination on number of cameras needed.

Working with our local school districts in the past and also presently, minidome format cameras is what is popular... they are vandal proof, so that when kids start throwing item to the camera, it can survive... and also if you want color or B&W cameras...

Each district works different and their requirement vary a lot... Some must have color some prefer B&W due to costs...

As for the recorders, we sold and even donated embedded type of systems that are extremely easy to use and easy to operate.

Dependent where you are located and what your requirements are, we can put together a package that can be very cost effective, plus some equipment that we will be willing to donate. We do have restrictive programs with our manufacturers that allow such move from our part, but we look at case by case basis... The entire package can not be donated, but portions are possible.. and it could be DVRs, minidomes, cameras, lenses, etc...

If interested, please let me know.

Check your local laws first. I'd be amazed if there was any school in the US that would broadcast images of children inside a classroom out on the public internet. It's one thing to keep the images on closed circuit and available on to a limited number of administrators - but letting anyone who claims to be a parent log in .... Nuh-uh.

I'm not in US, I'm in Philippines,,

I still will state that for school districts, the embedded systems are the way to go...

Shipping to Philippines will be a problem... unless if you have someone here in U.S. that can transact on your behalf...

you can use high resolution 520TVL Color body camera with 2 camera with one classroom, one with front door, another for back door. front door to see kid faces. Back door to see their study status.

use 8pcs 8-CH DVR or 4pcs 16-CH to do a LAN then on internet. Very easy.

I recommend that you buy cameras that are varifocal. This way you can set each camera to the view that you want.

I have installed cameras in a lot of "compute classrooms".

I find that wide angle lenses are great for watching a bank of 4 computers.

The disadvantage is that you cannot get good details as there is a distortion with wide angle cameras. Objects at a distance will appear farther away in the video then in reality. If you use a higher number lens then you can see close up detail, but then you cannot see the periphereal vision of what is going on.

Varifocal will make your system more adaptable as your needs/situation changes. If you point one of these cameras at an entry/exit door then the higher mm will be perfect for this application. If you are watching a group of children then the low mm (wide angle) will be great for this application. If you are having to concentrate on one student, then you can change the settings on that camera to get the right shot!

When placing your cameras watch out for your windows. The east side will blind your cameras in the morning, and the westside will blind them when the sun is setting earlier.