Boostable

Suggested Camera Positions

I am in the process of opening up a new business and need some advice on best camera locations. I have attached a pdf of the floor layout. I want to protect both the outside and inside of the building.

http://www.wilburnfamily.us/Floorplan.pdf

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Jack

Edited by Guest

Try this one guys... Its a link to a pdf file. Im not sure how to post that here, but at least you can read it. If someone can tell me how I will be happy to do so.

Well I can't post a link.. and I can't add attachments for some reason. Getting an error. I found a bigger / cleaner floorplan and I will add it as soon as I can.

On a customers' store, I took a metal "ruler" that is used by machinists and attached it to the incoming door frame. I set one camera to look directly at the door, and people coming into the store. Shows height and side profile of customers entering and leaving store.

Thanks for the tip. I have another question to go along with the camera locations. Can I shot two registers with a single camera from above? Is that practical?

Thanks,

JW

You can but depending on the height of your ceiling and what you want to see you won't be able to make out money. I would't suggest it unless your talking ip cameras.

The camera would be mounted at 12', so approx. 8' above the registers. There is about a 6' separation between the registers. I don't necessarily need to see money as much as I need to see what the items are being purchased.

At 8' object distance you need a 4.8MM 1/3" format lens at the least to see an 8' x 6' field. If you are recording at 480 tvl, you should be able to see what items are being purchased except maybe very small differences like what flavor a pack of Tic Tacs are.

cctothetv's calculation is great. I also have one suggestion you can bring along a vari-focal lens e.g. 3.5-8mm with a small hand-held monitor and check on site how's the effect. While the area can cover, the quality may not meet your requirement.