or

a PTZ of Ebay with sony Sony FCB-EX1010P or Hitachi VK-S654

I am looking to spend $1500Us give or take a little

Need any advice .

Thanks in advance

Thanks Lolo Wolf

How about PANASONIC WV-CW964

any good

If any one has any good Pictures of night shots of a ptz dome i would love to see some

Thanks in advance

Ive used the older WV-CS854Bs now the WV-CS954 and for lower budgets (less advanced features) the WV-CS574 with outdoor enclosures all have performed well and really cant speak for the pelco products as I have stopped using their gear. The WV-CW964 I am getting one for a job in the spring and one for myself, have used some older Sanyos as well in the past (Vcc-9100EXC) and some China OEM minis and full size PTZs, some good some rough.....Not trying to push one company over another but Panasonic works good for me over the years, their D/N box cams as well.

I am after a good night outdoor PTZ dome with great night pictures

the 3 i am looking at are

PELCO SPECTRA 4 DD4CBW35

or

Bosch Philips Envirodome G3 or G4

or

a PTZ of Ebay with sony Sony FCB-EX1010P or Hitachi VK-S654

I am looking to spend $1500Us give or take a little

Need any advice .

Thanks in advance

Hi,

You still looking for a PTZ dome ? I have a vicon SVFT-W23 brand new for sale that I'm not using. I bought 2 but never installed the second one. Very nice dome that is fast and accurate. Look up the specs..

Looks like you and other member covered a lot of the majors..

Here are that are missing..

American Dynamics UltraDome VIII

Ge Security - well they have too many variations, so it will be very difficult to pick which one, unless if you can tell us what type of mounting hardware you need, Zoom capability, dome cover, etc...

Sanyo - they make very decent outdoor or even indoor domes and work great... except their controller are not what you call user friendly. The will conform with most known and popular protocols from Pelco, AD and even Panasonic...

As for the price range, it is possible, but not probable With $1,500 you can get all the internal guts of the dome, but once you start looking at the outdoor housing with heater and blower, then that is an expense that need to be addressed...

Panasonic's dome probably will give the best best video quality picture among all of the above choices, but they are not cheap at all...

Sanyo domes held up very well in our recent installations where we mixed it with various controllers from American Dynamics, Panasonic and even Bosch (we end up using translator)... Here is the url for their low end day/night domes with 30X optical zoom - http://www.sanyosecurity.com/pdf/cctv/inst/ccd(ntsc)/vccmc500_600.pdf - This series comes in few flavors, so let us know type of housing you need, what type of mounting hardware, etc...

Hope this helps.

The new Pelco (mini) Spectra line works well, comes with day/night features and is menu driven and easy to install. However, unless you are purchasing wholesale/with a resale number, $1500 is a little low. You do need the housings, mount arm or pendant mount, a controller (or DVR that uses Pelco D protocol) and a control cable. On the plus side, it's a great unit that will last for years and has a lot of functions the competition doesn't. Of course, I am a little biased, I retired from Pelco last year after many many years...still love the stuff though..and there are a couple of really good Ebay re-sellers of domes. Just do a search on Ebay for Pelco.