cachecreekcctv

Youtube video

Just uploaded some new video to Youtube. I also have some older video (2007) on there also. If anyone wants to see. Avermedia EB1504 and OEM IR bullet. Go to Youtube and search for "newspaper thief". Once you find that, you can find the rest of my videos. I have the 4 door Tundra in the driveway, and the Jetskis on the side yard.

I had a homeowner call me asking how to retrieve the video from his CCTV system I had installed around a year prior. He stated he had not received his Sunday Paper in several months. His paperboy swore he had delivered it and had even started laying it on his doorstep after he had started questioning regarding it's delivery. The paperboy typically dropped it off around 5:30 AM long before the homeowner was ever awake.

The video showed it to be a jogger who he recognized as a neighbor from just a few houses down the street. He stated the guy was a successful dentist.

I called several weeks later asking if he had confronted the neighbor with the video and if it went well. He told me that had just gone down and rang the neighbors doorbell. When the dentist came to the door, he handed him a large bag filled the past weeks worth of daily papers, just saying "Here, I thought you might want to know what is going on the other 6 days of the week" and walked away.

He said not only did the guy stop jogging by his house, he even made it a point to no longer drive that way in his car, going the other direction which would take longer to leave the neighborhood.

I found most of my "paper thieves" by downloading the video to my laptop, then driving around my housing tract , over 400 homes so it takes awhile. Found all of them. One guy was so amazed that I found him, I ended up installing cameras in his fathers' workshop and auto repair business. I didn't put that video on Youtube by the way. Get a lot of business from the Youtube site, as everyone wants to know what the cameras look like during the day and at night.

Have several. The front of my house, for the last 2 years, has been the "camera test position". Even had 6 cameras, at one time, on my front porch, looking at same shot, in order to field test the differences. That is how I got to what I have on my house today. I am always asked " what do your cameras look like". Since I can't use a customers' video, I decided to use my home "shots". I found lots of differences in all cameras. I found a $99 camera that will outdo a $250 camera anyday. I "stabilized" my residential installs down to 2 or 3 different models of cameras, depending on the environment and placement. Those cameras on my house are $99 and have been going strong over 2 years now. Gave all the other "junk" away to friends, including the $250 model.

I figured you had a few. I thought I saw many angles. Good job!

By the way, I'm over in Ukiah. So howdy Neighbor! But no worries, I get my own paper delivered...

I have properties in Clearlake Oaks, Lucerne, and Nice. One is right on the Cache Creek just off the 20. Used to hunt Ukiah/Willits area in the 70's. One of my properties overlooks Clear Lake . Fantastic view. Just not too many jobs in that part of the state. Sorry , a little off the subject.