CSCOUT2001

customer wants 130.00 bullets (any one like what they use)

I rarely use 130.00 bullet cameras, more prone to use 170.00 plus cameras but not in the customers budget.

I have tested the KT&C 520 TVL bullet seems to be OK

I have tested Weldex bullets.... holds up in the field but....

I have tested the Intellicam bullet... not fond of it

Any others you like?

Hi, depends if that is dealer or retail price. We cant discuss dealer pricing here though, but for retail, I liked the eclipse, they would be approx $130 retail. So far I also tried COP-USA (rubbish) and also Nuvico (had issues with condensation INDOORS!) in that price range.

I saw this one up against 2 other bullet cameras just today. There was this 380 lor WZ14 and 2 others (1 import and 1 OEM) both spec'd at 550 lor.

Oddly enough, the WZ produced a higher res picture. My vendor was as surprised as I was after reading it's only a 380. There's either a mis-print or the other 2 cameras are just flat out lying.

Additionally, it's only a 100 bucks (no joke) and this doesnt compromise the quality of IR. It sounds too good to be true, but I saw it with my own eyes. Its a fixed lens and no IR cut filter which might explain the low price.

I may end up buying a large quantity of this camera if it tests well in the field (outdoors). IP67!

CCD Image Sensor 1/3â€

WZ14.jpg.1cdd090a0596a03dc8b5a459e6620170.jpg

The WZ line of Bullets were a great disappointment, and cost more than others with the same specs (eg. Nuvico). The adjustment part of it is the worse part, the mounts and the focusing - pulled teeth with the 2 larger models.

Ignore the TVL though as its the Image Pixels is what matters, the WZ14 is a low resolution camera: NTSC: 510 (H) x 492 (V) , as I imagine the other 2 were as well. Ofcourse the Chip matters also, and the the other 2 may have been CMOS or Sharp, or even just not focused. At that price range there will be little more in the way of features so as mentioned, Chip and Image Pixels is key - focus also plays a big part with IR apps - Bullet cameras dont always come focused properly for IR, even the Color/IR ones, as these are - and that goes for the WZ line as well, we had a painstaking task trying to focus them properly for both day and night applications, while other brands I tested came focused and were simple to mount and adjust.

BTW, the WZ14 retails for over $200. Some are worse than others, the other 2 you looked at may have been the bottom of the barrel.

Basically, these type of Color/IR cameras are low quality cameras, no matter who sticks their brand name on it. For the price, it gets the job done - if one wants better, then there is the Day Night camera, (True Day Night with IR Cut Filter). There are also so many variations of Color/IR cameras ranging in prices from next to nothing to just a couple bucks less than the True Day night cameras. Specs are essential but ultimately one has to test it in the field.

If you find a good one, please post the day and night images here.

Meanwhile, question to the OP, at $130 what type of Bullet camera were you meaning, B/W, Color, Color/IR, Day/Night?

130 retail... take a look at the

KTC -HD230CWX from KT&C. It works, color is off. doubt if it is really 520TVL but does seem to fit the customers need.

I am going to look at the Eclipse Bullet now... do you have a model number?

Thanks

The Eclipse model is the ECL-596

Its a 1/4" CCD and It would be nice if it came in 1/3" for a wide view, but I havent found another Budget color bullet that can touch it for quality yet at that price range. Unfortunately my regular distributor does not sell Eclipse.

Will do.

It's better to know now rather than down the road. It did look good, but the demo was in a small room w/ no exposure to sunlight, glare etc. Im putting one up today so we'll see where it lacks performance.

I did see this camera as well. It's got an HQ-1 chip (supposedly one step up from the ExView???) Low light capability was very acceptable. Any feedback? When I get it installed I'll post a shot if it's a keeper.

Color 550 LOR Ex-View Weatherproof Bullet Camera

CFC6056EX

# 550 Lines Of Resolution HQ-1

# 0.3 Low Light Lux (CFC6056EX)

# 0.5 low Light Lux (CFC6055HR)

# 3.6mm 72° FOV Mini Lens

# Automatic Gain Control

# Auto Back Light Compensation

# Operates From 14°-122° F

# Complete With Mounting Bracket

# Size is Only 1.03?D x 3.5?L

# Power 12 Volts DC @ 140mA

$169.00

cfc6055st.jpg.64625808c460032612dac16949252ed7.jpg

Have no info on the HQ-1 chip, only ever seen it with OEMs, and in low cost cameras. So I think it is more advertising hype than anything. Also, the power consumption on that is low, too low actually for a color camera, would make me wonder. .. now that said, they are more realistic on the lux levels than others, and also give a decent account of the FOV. So that part is good. New technology could mean lower power consumption also.

BUT, the only way to know, is to test it out. Anyone willing?

The real test of a color bullet (or even a Color/IR or Day Night one) is:

1-indoors with florescent lighting

2-outdoors in the day with plenty sunlight

3-outdoors at night with dust to dawn lighting or street lighting

4-heavy rain or bucket of water poored over it

We cant expect much else from them such as any kind of great backlighting, but we should at least expect them to fair well in the above environments.

So far few too many I have seen cannot handle #1 and barely handle #2 and #3. As for #4, there we have the frequent condensation issue from poorly sealed cameras. If anything though, being as they are typically budget orientated cameras and many customers will be placing them inside retail stores, they should at the least handle #1, and if one finds one that can, that is truly a decent camera and would deserve its own website too.

What about this?

Image Sensor 1/4" CCD Image Sensor

Resolution 480 TV Lines

Minimum Illumination 0.3 lux F1.2, 0 lux (IR ON)

Lens Furnished 4.3mm F1.8

Power Supply 12V DC

Power Consumption 90mA

Electronic Shutter (NTSC):1/60-1/120,000sec

Auto Gain Control Yes

Sync System Internal

Video Output 1.0 Vp-p composite video at 75 ohm

Scanning System (NTSC): 525 lines, 60 fields

Operation Temperature: -20°C to 50°C

CCD Effective Pixels: (NTSC): 771(H) x 492(V)

S/N Ratio: Better than 56dB (AGC OFF)

White Balance: Auto (3200-10000°K) (Zero color rolling)

Gamma Correction: 0.45

Construction: Aluminum, with light gray anodized finish

Water Resistance: IP 68

IR LED: 12 unit 840nM LED, DC 12V 180mA, 6000hrs

IR Distance: 10 Meter, View Angle: 70°, Beam Spread: 30°

2001cih.gif.17c54d86565af0b51c613f375bb740e4.gif

I would normally say its bottom of the barrel (still may be) going by the type of camera it is, but it has high effective pixels, now whether or not it uses them is another thing.

Only thing is I would not count on those IRs for any large outdoor illumination, indoor camera or small enclosed outdoor area. Another problem with the Color/IR cameras is as they dont have any IR cut filter, some will be horrible during the day especially when there is alot of sunlight - its one of those where you get what you pay for deals, more money means more features that may handle the light and colors better (actually handle the IR better).

Have you tested it yet?

I agree the HRC-420 leaves much to be desired along with being light hungry.

I've used HQ1 domes from Intellicam and was not impressed.

The KT&C cameras have been good but I would burn them in for a week before installing.

If you don't need the 3X zoom..

I have had great luck using the model OL70 (.1 lux 420 tvl made in Korea) and have sucessfully done various lens changes on these too.

OR for extremely low light the B7221CXS (.05 lux 480 tvl)

ol70.JPG.696194be0f92c6d7147ec629f567bab4.JPG

I agree the HRC-420 leaves much to be desired along with being light hungry.

I've used HQ1 domes from Intellicam and was not impressed.

The KT&C cameras have been good but I would burn them in for a week before installing.

If you don't need the 3X zoom..

I have had great luck using the model OL70 (.1 lux 420 tvl made in Korea) and have sucessfully done various lens changes on these too.

OR for extremely low light the B7221CXS (.05 lux 480 tvl)

Oddly enough we carry both of those here at my office as well and are among our top sellers! If you need a good price on one of those two models shoot me a pm or contact me for our number. Not trying to promote and sell our products but we do carry both of those.

The OL70 I think is like $80?

The 21CSHRX is like $145?

You'd have to talk to our sales reps for the in stone price tho.

Happy Spying,

John

Thanks to all... I am doing research on most and thus eliminating all the others out in the field. And we all know there are a lot to weed through.

I have tested the HRC also and it never made it off the test bench, I use it now as a "this is not what you want to see camera" if I use it at all.

Thanks again,

Have no info on the HQ-1 chip, only ever seen it with OEMs, and in low cost cameras. So I think it is more advertising hype than anything. Also, the power consumption on that is low, too low actually for a color camera, would make me wonder. .. now that said, they are more realistic on the lux levels than others, and also give a decent account of the FOV. So that part is good. New technology could mean lower power consumption also.

BUT, the only way to know, is to test it out. Anyone willing?

I have a snapshot of this camera. It's not bad, but I'm getting the "check your FTP settings" error message when I try to post a .jpg.

Is this on my end? I cant figure it out and I have successfully posted images in the past.

I have a snapshot of this camera. It's not bad, but I'm getting the "check your FTP settings" error message when I try to post a .jpg.

Is this on my end? I cant figure it out and I have successfully posted images in the past.

It sounds like something I ran into before so I think it's more "Site End" than "Users End". Hopefully you can get them posted tho, if not you can upload them to another free site and just link to it directly and that should be fine.

I guess Im of the opinion that picture quality isn't nearly as important in a 100 buck bullet than is durability. If they get any amount of water in them, ur screwed. 150 for Exview is worth it if the budget permits and the camera lives up to it's specs, but I'll probably end up spending that savings on the higher end DVR or more recording capacity

I've used the 2001CH w/ IR (or similar import)for years. Too expensive though. Most of them are still in operation after 5 years. They are champs. The WZ14 at 100 bucks is the way I'll probably go.........solid housing, nice picture. It has endured some really heavy rains around here in the last month. Backlighting is better than I expected. Again, I would post recent shots of that one, but Im getting server errors. I must be doing something wrong

I've used the 2001CH w/ IR (or similar import)for years. Too expensive though. Most of them are still in operation after 5 years. They are champs.

I like them too. I just picked up a couple more from cctvimports for well under $100.00 retail. But that was sale price. They work great for covering blind spots on the cheap.

Again, I would post recent shots of that one, but Im getting server errors. I must be doing something wrong

You can open a free account at photobucket.com or at many other places to host your pictures. Those services give you a great way to easily post pictures on any message board. Or if you want you can email them to me and I'll post them.

I guess Im of the opinion that picture quality isn't nearly as important in a 100 buck bullet than is durability. If they get any amount of water in them, ur screwed. 150 for Exview is worth it if the budget permits and the camera lives up to it's specs, but I'll probably end up spending that savings on the higher end DVR or more recording capacity

I've used the 2001CH w/ IR (or similar import)for years. Too expensive though. Most of them are still in operation after 5 years. They are champs. The WZ14 at 100 bucks is the way I'll probably go.........solid housing, nice picture. It has endured some really heavy rains around here in the last month. Backlighting is better than I expected. Again, I would post recent shots of that one, but Im getting server errors. I must be doing something wrong

Hey Dub,

If you need a certain amount of those let me know the quantity and I'll try to get you a hookup (one time price) on the 2001CIH's here at CCTV Imports cost is something I can work with you on which shouldn't be a big issue when trying to help a customer (and a forum member)! Just if you want to contact us here tell the sales rep you deal with to speak to me and make sure to let them know you're on the CCTV Forum and I'll get you as close as I can to the dollar amount you need to be under.

Thanks,

John

Thanks. Id rather have the IR option which makes 2001 more expensive then the WZ14 if Im not mistaken.

C7, thanks for the link to photobucket and your offer to post for me. It seems to have worked thru photobucket.

HQ1 Bullet - the dark areas at top right and left are from the detachable sunshade. I could not push it back any further. I guess this is a downside. Sorry no night shot. I guess I could remount this and grab one if anyone is interested.

76072_1.jpg

CFC6056EX

# 550 Lines Of Resolution HQ-1

# 0.3 Low Light Lux (CFC6056EX)

# 0.5 low Light Lux (CFC6055HR)

# 3.6mm 72° FOV Mini Lens

# Automatic Gain Control

# Auto Back Light Compensation

# Operates From 14°-122° F

# Complete With Mounting Bracket

# Size is Only 1.03?D x 3.5?L

# Power 12 Volts DC @ 140mA

$169.00

WZ14

76072_2.jpg

WZ14

76072_3.jpg

well here is another piece of nanny I just bought, its a KPC-S230CHWWX color bullet. Going to throw it in the garbage as its useless.

2005512536297179784_th.jpg

well here is another piece of nanny I just bought, its a KPC-S230CHWWX color bullet. Going to throw it in the garbage as its useless.

2005512536297179784_th.jpg

Ouch... dude... that's uhm... yea... about that.

Don't toss it in the garbage! Last time I found a camera that was really realy bad I found some off the wall use for it... (aka I broke something and put a camera in it).

Too bad about the dud camera, but I'll trade my suburban hell (value-based bullet cam included) for your tropical set any day. Enjoy.