Sign in to follow this  
crazythunder

best gprs\3g viewing software

when using the supervisor software, you have to connect to 211.22.74.18. it downloads the jad file. i was testing it as i'm purchasing a dvr soon. i had to download it to my pc and send it to my cell via active sync. does anyone know where windows mobile stores java jar\jad files? i searched every folder on my cell and no luck. maybe the folder got deleted and a hard reset will allow me to find the folder? i wanted to know so i can copy a shortcut to my start menu. also, is this software connecting through a proxy or server somehow? because when you run it, the java app shows it connecting to 211.22.74.18. i found this odd. after further testing, my java app told me that the midlet threw an exception-want to kill this app? looks kinda buggy. this is changing my whole decision on the dvr i was going to purchase. does anyone recommend a dvr with solid gprs\edge\3g viewing software?

Something is not right. The jad/jar files are usally saved in the "My Documents" folder by default. After its downloaded you java manager should authomatically start and install the program.

Supervisor shoult NOT be connecting to 211.22.74.18. Thats just the site to download the Supervisor program.

when using the supervisor software, you have to connect to 211.22.74.18. it downloads the jad file. i was testing it as i'm purchasing a dvr soon. i had to download it to my pc and send it to my cell via active sync. does anyone know where windows mobile stores java jar\jad files? i searched every folder on my cell and no luck. maybe the folder got deleted and a hard reset will allow me to find the folder? i wanted to know so i can copy a shortcut to my start menu. also, is this software connecting through a proxy or server somehow? because when you run it, the java app shows it connecting to 211.22.74.18. i found this odd. after further testing, my java app told me that the midlet threw an exception-want to kill this app? looks kinda buggy. this is changing my whole decision on the dvr i was going to purchase. does anyone recommend a dvr with solid gprs\edge\3g viewing software?

You are using the AVTech's Viewer for their DVRs.

From what i know, they mainly only test it out on handphone, not on window mobiles. All windows mobile plateform that i tried the software on threw up that exception. You can ignore the warning, continue to run the software. You'll be able to view, but u'll not be able to see the control buttons.