Brenning

Dahua IPC-HFW4300S - New 3mp Bullet

Hi All,

Looks like Dahua have a new 3mp Mini Bullet, see here:

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/ipc-hfw4300s-398.html

Anyone likely to be trying this soon? Cant find any prices for it yet but curious how it stacks up to the hikvision DS-2CD2032-I. Only real difference i can see from the specs is the claimed 20fps @ 3mp (+5 fps than most other 3mp out there). They also seem to chunner on about the "Eco-Savvy" range using less bandwidth and power etc.

Wheres networkcameracritic when you need him for a review

Brenning

These are not yet available from Dahua. They are infamous for listing cameras on their website that is not available yet.

They are also listing the 3mp eyeball camera and a 3mp flush mount varifocal dome camera with and without IR's which looks

nice. I definitely cannot wait to try out their 3mp cameras though. It's about time they caught up to the other brands

out there.

Be interesting to see if their claimed 20fps @ 3mp is actually true, or if there have been any improvements in the lense department etc.

I soooooo want a 5mp minibullet but looks like technology hasnt got that far yet so I'll have to settle for the 3pm hikvision

You can get the ACTi E33, 5MP bullet. I believe the 3MP Dahua I have is 20fps, I'll have to check when I get home, don't have that one setup with remote access.

To confirm, since I was not home yesterday, the 3MP Dahua bullet that I have does 3MP at 20FPS.

Thats pretty cool, the hikvision only does 15fps which i guess is only 5fps but still a higher rate. Is the FPS normally limited by firmware or hardware?

Brenning

Must be limited by firmware because it used to be 15fps, and the latest Dahua firmware (May 2013) allowed it to go to 20fps.

That's interesting. One would assume then that if Hikvision release a new firmware for their current 3mp minibullet to 20fps @ 3mp it'l be on par with Dahua's new cam at the beginning of this topic, minus possibly power consumption maybe (which isnt really an important factor in my case).

would be interesting to see how far we could push the technology with firmware hacks etc.

Brenning

To confirm, since I was not home yesterday, the 3MP Dahua bullet that I have does 3MP at 20FPS.

Which model is that? I didn't know they had a 3mp bullet out yet?

They had one for several months now, the IPC-HFW3300C, I believe Maxicon has the same one. Has the ability to record on an SD card and playback directly from the camera, very cool.

I know about that camera, it's just that I think it's fugly, lol. I kinda don't consider it to be a bullet though, it's more like a cannon! Lmao. Anyway, there is no way I would install that on any of my customers houses and on a commercial building, they would be worried about vandalism.

It is less expensive by the pound than other Dahua cameras though. Will keep an eye out for it's baby brother, maybe Dahua will be at the ASIS show in 3 weeks.

No one has answered me? I'd like to know which Dahua NVR will record these 3mp cameras. Most of the specs I see in their

site shows number of channels in 1080P.

No one has answered me? I'd like to know which Dahua NVR will record these 3mp cameras. Most of the specs I see in their

site shows number of channels in 1080P.

Hi Luckyfella,

If the specs show as 1080P (and not 3mp) then one would assume those NVRs will work with the 3mp cameras but the recordings will only be at 1080P. Without going through all the specs sheets i couldnt say for sure if any will record at 3mp, although i know hikvision offer NVR's that record up to 5mp.

Hope this helps.

Brenning

It's tricky in the way they word their specs. Go to their website, for example http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/nvr580858165832-301.html and click "Technical Specifications" and you'll see that the 5808 can record in 5MP(2560×1920) / 3MP(2048×1536) / 1080P(1920×1080) / 720P(1280×720) / D1 (704×576/704×480).

It can only display 1080P, but that's expected as most TV's or computer monitors are 1080P. I would expect that you can take 5MP snapshots. They probably have a E-PTZ function as that's what other NVR's do with 5MP images.

Those specs on the 5808 really do not tell me that much. I'd like to know how many channels and at what bit rate will it

record a 3mp camera. I wish they were more specific with their specs. Another question, if the camera is 3mp, and my computer and/or TV has 1080P resolution, how would I be able to actually view the full 3mp's? Or does the image get compressed

to fit the screen at 1080P, but if you digitally zoom in, it will remain clear?

Those specs on the 5808 really do not tell me that much. I'd like to know how many channels and at what bit rate will it

record a 3mp camera. I wish they were more specific with their specs. Another question, if the camera is 3mp, and my computer and/or TV has 1080P resolution, how would I be able to actually view the full 3mp's? Or does the image get compressed

to fit the screen at 1080P, but if you digitally zoom in, it will remain clear?

Thats a good question, I've used VLC player to digitally zoom in on my 3mp recordings and from what i've found it remains clear when zooming untill you zoom too far and it hits the limit of the recording resolution. The web pages on the hikvision cameras are a good example of this as there is a button to view the live feed at actual resolution, which doesnt fit on your screen so you get scroll bars to move around on it.

buellwinkle may have something to add to this as he is much more experienced than me.

Brenning

guys probably mainly buellwinkle as you are always so helpful. I am just about to buy 4 http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/ipc-hfw3301c-357.html and bring them in from China. Question about this camera and the HFW4300S is, they all have microSD card slots in the camera. I presume you can record to this card directly but what is the real advantage of this? Can I maybe record to this without my PC being on (not using an NVR) then when I turn on the PC will the pc software download all the images from the SD card or is there some other reason for it?

Does the audio come down the RF45 ethernet cable and is that recorded as well on the PC or do you have to connect audio cables separately?

Many thanks for any information.

David

The audio, when you buy a mic and speaker is sent through the h.264 signal. With the latest firmware, you can record to SD card and playback from the camera, no PC needed.