paranoid

Standalone DVR with motion masking ?

Hi all,

After my total dissapointment with the avermedia unit not having the ability to mask the motion areas I am now looking for a replacement.

My needs are as follows:

Minimum 4 ch colour.

Full res recording on each channel with 25 fps pal each.

Ethernet for remote access.

Motion recording WITH masking.

Just like the avermedia unit but with motion masking, and in a similar price range.

Im in the u.k. so it has to be available here.

Thanks

p.s. ive had a reply from avermedia and they do not plan to have masking as a feature in future, no appologies for misleading advertising either

Thanks for the help.

I am looking at the avtec av760 which appears to be cheaper and higher spec than my avermedia 1304net, apart from the usb port on the avermedia which is useless anyway as it takes way too long to download.

If anyone has personal experience with the avtec av760 please let me have your opinions.

Thanks

its a cheap unit, very small also. Great for budget jobs. Avermedia Network Software video quality is much better (AvTech's Network software just isnt that great, BUT it does work). Other than that for the price cant beat it.

I have the CPCam CPD576W which is a 9ch standalone made byt he same company as avtech.

The recording framerate is pretty bad. It may claim 120ips but that is total across all channels, and that is CIF resolution, not full D1/4CIF - ie full camera reoslution.

Put another way you'll only get 7.5 frames per second per channel at maximum recording quality.

My unit can be configured to give teh motion/alarm channels higher fps than the idle channels, but that still only translated to a max of less than 10fps if there are two channels with motion.

Be very careful with IPS/FPS specs. Make sure you understand what the Frames per Second is at full resolution, not CIF - and also make sure that you know if they are quoting FPS as a total number for the unit, or per channel. The better H.264 units, especially the triplex ones, appear to quote realtime 30fps NTSC / 25fps PAL *per channel*. Others, like geovision, will quote fps up in the 480 range - you have to divide that by the total number of channels to get worst-case framerate. Or divide by number of channels that will liekly see motion at the same time...

ie My 9ch 25fps unit will see motion on 4 cameras at the same time when someon approaches the house. Than means 5 cams drop to 1fps and the 4 that see motion will sahre the remaining 20 fps, ie 5fps each. Not the best, but it works.

If you don't mind spending the money, I would recommend Dedicated Mircos. You can definitly get them from a distributor in the US or the UK and their support is great!

Most DVR that can do real time recording doesn't do it at full resolution.

I've encounter and read a lot of specs of different dvr. normally the brochure stated REAL TIME RECORDING, on reading it closer, or actually testing it, you'll realise that real time recording is only on the lowest resolution.

Those that can, are normally higher end models.

Also, points to take into consideration when wanting live recording. It'll consume lots of harddisk space. So make sure it support enought drive and capacitity for you to obtain the required number of days of recording.

As for CPCam or AVTech, you can change the mode to GROUP instead of FIX. The dvr will then analyses the video stream coming in, and determining which camera have more motion, and allocate more frame rate to that camera as well. So in effective, you'll get a smoother playback.

e.g for CPD-570.

Frame recording is only 100FPS (PAL).

let's say u put 16 cameras on it at 100FPS.

so each cam is only 6.25FPS at FIX mode.

But if u put it to Group Mode,

It'll allocate more frame to the cam with more changes, so if lets say only 3 cameras got movement, you'll end up recording close to live for that 3 cameras.

I have the CPCam CPD576W which is a 9ch standalone made byt he same company as avtech.

The recording framerate is pretty bad. It may claim 120ips but that is total across all channels, and that is CIF resolution, not full D1/4CIF - ie full camera reoslution.

Be very careful with IPS/FPS specs. Make sure you understand what the Frames per Second is at full resolution, not CIF - and also make sure that you know if they are quoting FPS as a total number for the unit, or per channel. The better H.264 units, especially the triplex ones, appear to quote realtime 30fps NTSC / 25fps PAL *per channel*. Others, like geovision, will quote fps up in the 480 range - you have to divide that by the total number of channels to get worst-case framerate. Or divide by number of channels that will liekly see motion at the same time...

ie My 9ch 25fps unit will see motion on 4 cameras at the same time when someon approaches the house. Than means 5 cams drop to 1fps and the 4 that see motion will sahre the remaining 20 fps, ie 5fps each. Not the best, but it works.

I wish the CPD576W 9 channel DVR had this feature.

I am glad to see this feature on the CPD503/505/507!

Thanks Daryl733 for bringing this feature up. I don't think most people are aware of this feature.

"TOTAL IPS SHARE:

There are two IPS settings: (Take 16ch as example)

FIX: IPS per channel = RECORD IPS 16 channels

GROUP: Every 4 channels will form a group.

IPS per channel = RECORD IPS 4 number

of channels under recording within the group.

Ex.: If you set the record IPS as 120 IPS, then

Channel 01 will get 30 IPS (120 / 4 / 1 = 30)

Channel 05 and 06 each will get 15 IPS (120 / 4 / 2 = 15)

NOTE: When users choose the image size as “CIFâ€

Why don't try our DVR AX-6204, IT'S 4-CH color Standalone DVR. I Can bet it is good use as AVmeaia, but the price is much low than it. we have sell a lot to American market. you can search our company at google

shenzhen Anxin Technolgoy Co., Limited, then you can find them.

we also have 8-ch/16-CH Standalone DVR and IP Camera.

Hope it can give you any help!