badfishlbc

Finally found 264 player for Swann

I spent hours googling, downloading video converters, etc, when all I wanted to do was play some saved DVR footage from a Swann DVR. I was taken several times to this forum and saw many threads with the questions unanswered.

The Swann DVR model I was trying to view saves files in .264 extensions. So I called them and they gave me the location to download the player which you will not find on their website.

http://swann.com/downloads/drivers/DVR_2600/PlayBack_V1_0_1_15.exe

I know some other DVRs also save in 264 format and this player might work for them too.

Cool, but why can't it be found on their website?!

You would be amazed to find out how much software some manufacturers have that is never put on their website.

Cool, but why can't it be found on their website?!

You would be amazed to find out how much software some manufacturers have that is never put on their website.

Ditto, especially with these types of products from China. They just don't seem to care about support. I own a Dahua which is recommended by a lot of the community here, but figuring out which app to download from their website and using it isn't easy. I call it 'job security' for the CCTV guys.

In the end, I was impressed by this player for Swann 264 files. I was able to open the folder of saved videos and they were well categorized and the playback was smooth.

Ditto, especially with these types of products from China. They just don't seem to care about support. I own a Dahua which is recommended by a lot of the community here, but figuring out which app to download from their website and using it isn't easy. I call it 'job security' for the CCTV guys.

I make it easy for you ..

all Dahua software is categorized on my site, all hosted on this side of the globe also.

even some software they dont have listed on their site

I registered just to say thanks to badfishlbc. The player you found works for my CCTV DVR.

In case it's of help to anyone, the make and model of my DRV is:

QIHAN VS-5204 (http://www.qihan.cn/contents/products_release/215.html)

Thanks again. It has taken me 2 solid days of googling to finally find a solution to playback.

If anyone can suggest a further solution whereby I can export/convert the footage to a common format (say MP4), it would be much appreciated.

thegoodguy

I registered just to say thanks to badfishlbc. The player you found works for my CCTV DVR.

In case it's of help to anyone, the make and model of my DRV is:

QIHAN VS-5204 (http://www.qihan.cn/contents/products_release/215.html)

Thanks again. It has taken me 2 solid days of googling to finally find a solution to playback.

If anyone can suggest a further solution whereby I can export/convert the footage to a common format (say MP4), it would be much appreciated.

thegoodguy

You're welcome. My original post was going to be a little longer but I wanted to make it simple for someone to download the file. If you go to http://swann.com/downloads/drivers/DVR_2600 you will see a bunch of files. The link in that FTP directory is to a converter application and I think it's to generate AVI files. I'll make it a little easier with this link below:

http://swann.com/downloads/drivers/DVR_2600/AVIGenerator-V1.8.0.0.exe

By going to http://swann.com/downloads you will find a lot of folders and interesting files. But I am only familiar with the converter app and the player.

Yes. I found that file earlier today. Unfortunately it doesn't like something about the file format of my DVR. However, googling "AVIGenerator" did lead me to a v1.0.0.0 that a site had for download. That almost works. MPC throws up a codec error when it tries to play the resultant AVI file, but when you close the error-message window, it proceeds to play the video at half the vertical size and in black & white ... go figure. It's more than I had before

Thanks again.

I make it easy for you ..

all Dahua software is categorized on my site, all hosted on this side of the globe also.

even some software they dont have listed on their site

Thanks for the link. It seems that you have spent a lot of time on your site. I have tried the "Dahua Simple View" software on the ICrealtime DVR's (Flex and Max) that we have started to deploy and it works great, it could be the method for those older or technically challenged customers for basic viewing.

One question about the iDMSS for i phone, it did not work...the message in the screen said not supported. Is there a free app for ICrealtime that works?, they charge $30 for each license. Funny thing about ICrealtime is that they indicate they are the manufacturer and that there is no other options for info on their product.

Yes. I found that file earlier today. Unfortunately it doesn't like something about the file format of my DVR. However, googling "AVIGenerator" did lead me to a v1.0.0.0 that a site had for download. That almost works. MPC throws up a codec error when it tries to play the resultant AVI file, but when you close the error-message window, it proceeds to play the video at half the vertical size and in black & white ... go figure. It's more than I had before

I also registered to say thanks to badfishlbc as I had problems finding a player for a 264 video file I needed to view, and to add this.

As part of my work I am regularly required to convert various cctv files from security cameras into a common viewable format. Rather than search online for a converter for each particular type of file, I find it easier to use a video capture program to perform this function, which records the image you see on your computer monitor. There are several programs that can do this but as my use is not for commercial purposes I use Debut which is a free program see: http://www.nchsoftware.com/capture/index.html

Created an account just to say thanks!

Only place I was able to find a solution to the .264 file problem. Everyone else seems to think that .264 is the same as h.264 and automatically suggests codecs & VLC.

Thanks for providing an easy way to access the download as well.

Thanks man for the link to the player!

Only one problem for me is when playing back my videos about ever other 20-30 videos I get the "not responding message" and I have to reload the whole thing.

I dont know what is wrong with it.

198960_1.png

Hey folks, found this while looking about for yet another .264 file player! I work in Law enforcement and constantly get disks with this stuff and no player. At any rate, the Swann seems identical to the Lorex 10 and would not play the disk of .264s I just received. The good news is the the Lorex 11 player did the job perfectly. Here is the link http://www.lorextechnology.com/security-dvr-and-surveillance-dvr/16-Channel-security-DVR-with-iphone-and-andirod-support/prod180002.p

Hope it helps someone out!

Good luck,

Billy

hello all

I am in grave need of a player for *.264 file.

Unfortunately none of the above mentioned player is working!!!

i hv tried this player from swann

couldn't find the required software on lorex site

avi generator doesn't even convert the file, leave alone playing it

unable to use ltd 7708 software after installing

the last ftp site is not even opening

i did convert the file using 'any video convertor' but then audio is missing which I badly need.

Plzzzzzzzzzz help ASAP!!!

Registered just to give a big thank you to badfishlbc. I spent a good few days googling and asking questions and I was really dreading dealing with Swann tech support 'cause, well, they suck.

Thank you!

They really, really should include a converter with their software. I honestly don't know why they don't. ( Jerks.)