Sign in to follow this  
Al Drake

Help setting up Ipad AIR viewing from Q-See DVR

I've tried and tried but I'm just unable to get this right. I've read posts here but most seem to deal with IP cams. I've had this DVR for about a year or more and am happy but since I got the Ipad I'm stuck. I can list all the apps I've tried if it would help but it just has to be me. This Q-See DVR says the Server Port is 6036 and I get results with canyouseeme but what I get on the Ipad is a timeout. Maybe I'm entering the wrong IP but I type in the one that the DVR shows and the one that is in the address bar before /webcamera.html. I also tried the Gateway but nothing. I get logon failure report. I'm using server port 6036 which is port forwarded. If I use 80 it says time is out. I can't even get results with 37777 as it shows bad on canyouseeme even though the router setting is the same as port 6036. Do I have to enter the same name in the Ipad app as what shows on the DVR? I use the same logon as I use with the PC and don't know what swells to try.

So here I am stuck with nothing else to try.

Can anyone please show me what I'm doing wrong or point med to a thread that has something?

Thanks for any replies.

Al.

Are you on Wifi? If so, you need the local IP for your DVR.

For example connect to 192.168.0.###, where ### is the last three digits of the DVR's LAN address; not your modem's IP.

All these router settings such as post forwarding are for connecting from outside of your home network (4G, work, Grandma's house, etc.).

Are you on Wifi? If so, you need the local IP for your DVR.

For example connect to 192.168.0.###, where ### is the last three digits of the DVR's LAN address; not your modem's IP.

All these router settings such as post forwarding are for connecting from outside of your home network (4G, work, Grandma's house, etc.).

I can get several apps to work but only view on WiFi and not over the internet. I need to see the cameras when at work and other places. It doesn't do me any good it I can't. How do I configure the Q-See viewer with my Iphone 5S when away from home?

You have to keep after q-see support to help you. They can work through it real time with you and get the settings right.

Thanks. I'll do that. I can get the viewer to work on my desktop but for some reason not on the Ipad or Iphone.

Al.

Maybe I'm entering the wrong IP but I type in the one that the DVR shows and the one that is in the address bar before /webcamera.html

I know q-see has their own embedded dyndns service and if you haven't created an account you should do that. Then you put in your account info in the dvr- host name and password.

For remote viewing outside your local network, within the app's device setup page, in the address field you put in whatever dyndns service your using- not a number IP address, just your dyndns address that you create at myqsee dyndns. In the port field, you put in the port 6036. Make sure you correctly port forwarded the mobile port number in the dvr. If the mobile port [or if no mobile port maybe the media port] number for your dvr is 6036 than that's what you use. If in the network pages of your dvr it's showing a different mobile port number, you'll need to forward that in your router and use that address in your mobile app. In your router, make sure your forwarded ports are associated with your dvr IP address. See where that gets you Al.

Actually, here's q-see's dyndns service. Create an account- you'll need it for remote viewing. It is the domain address you create there that you'll use for all remote viewing apps.

https://myq-see.com/reg.aspx

http://qsee.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/61/1307978063/redirect/1/filename/S-How%20to%20setup%20MYQ-SEE%20DDNS.pdf

I should mention that your mobile app WILL also work with your DVR IP address. In the address field in the app you put in just the DVR IP number address, nothing else. Then in the port field you put in 6036. But this setup will only work when your at home on your local network. It won't work remotely away from home. You'll need to set up the device config in your mobile app the way I mention above to do that.