mikesus

Be Careful who you deal with

A couple of folks have asked who it was that was trying to sell the fake Pelco enclosures. I was going to write it off as his mistake, until he told me the reason that he listed knockoff enclosures as Pelco was for "Searching" and he continues to trade of the Pelco name to sell his knockoff stuff.

Here is the original listing: Note it doesn't say its not Pelco, new or used etc.

link

Does Pelco even make a bullet cam like this?

Pelco bullet link?

And this controller sure doesn't look like Pelco either

Fake pelco controller link

He does troll around here too, so be careful if you risk dealing with him.

Thats what you get when you buy on eBay, it's sad but thats how it is.

So True, If you want to see how true this holds search "Unique" or "Rare" and see just how many "Truly Rare" things come up.

Just another form of keyword adding... but that's a little worse.

Thanks,

John

Well he also lurks around here, and thats why I thought it would be ok. But after looking at his feedback, you can see that he has done it a few times...

Well for us folks that are trying to set up a home setup, we are on budgets. We have learned a lot here, and we have found brand name stuff on Ebay from reputable sellers. (I have 3 Panasonic CP484's that I got for the retail price of 1, and 2 of them were brand new. 1 was from a company that gets lost shipments, and the others were from a wholesale lot buyer)

So, yes it can be how things are, but this guy is deliberately trying to mislead folks, and has no qualms about doing it. Very Shady...

There are also a lot of sellers selling 'offical' geovision systems, but geovision themselves state they do not authorise ANY of their resellers to sell their products via ebay... So the warranty and support from geovision will not be honoured...

Well for us folks that are trying to set up a home setup, we are on budgets. We have learned a lot here, and we have found brand name stuff on Ebay from reputable sellers. (I have 3 Panasonic CP484's that I got for the retail price of 1, and 2 of them were brand new. 1 was from a company that gets lost shipments, and the others were from a wholesale lot buyer)

So, yes it can be how things are, but this guy is deliberately trying to mislead folks, and has no qualms about doing it. Very Shady...

Mikesus, definitely shady... Actually I can add another member here that is not only shady, but also taken several members in this forum of their money, changed his login name and still is part of this forum... Unfortunately ColinR knows about this person and does not want to address it... It is very sad, but is a fact!

You are correct, stuff that doesn't happen on CCTVForum.com I do not wish to address. When these clowns post stuff here I can do something aside from that my adive is pay with visa and require communications through the US postal service. This allows you to both chargeback and file mail fraud.

Sounds like good advice, as the saying goes" let the buyer beware". Have to research almost anything on Ebay, before you buy anymore.

You are correct, stuff that doesn't happen on CCTVForum.com I do not wish to address.

He does post here... That's my point...

You are correct, stuff that doesn't happen on CCTVForum.com I do not wish to address.

Hey bud, we are well aware how to sell and how to buy and I do not think we need a lesson about these processes... Instead making a point as Mikesus mention, there is another member here that I can tell you that has taken quite of few people here for money and he still posts and you know exactly who I am referring to.. I understand that you have to act politically and do not want to get involved nor make any comments about such characters, but at one point of time, you should reconsider your approach about this type of topic...

At the end, it is your and this forum's reputation that is keeping such shady and criminal characters... and as a contributing member, I rather have these type of characters not to be part of this community...

hey yust can not put more thatThat last seller whit the controller, is not a faker.

Hey just can not put more thatn 30 or 35 caracters in the titel. Just ad pelco so you know its pelcom compatble.

hey yust can not put more thatThat last seller whit the controller, is not a faker.

Hey just can not put more thatn 30 or 35 caracters in the titel. Just ad pelco so you know its pelcom compatble.

Putting in a brand name of a manufacturer of a product, when they *are* not the manufacturer of that product is in breach of ebay rules.

You are only allowed to use a brandname/trademark name of a product if the product is/or is made by that name.

Therefore, putting pelco in the title, for a item not made by pelco, is against ebay rules, and misleading.