agapecpus

Eyemax 9120 Remote viewing problems

Currently have a Eyemax 9120 PC Based DVR system with Windows XP Home; 16 Cameras, all system/security updates done. We have had this system for about 2 years and up until the last couple of months have had no problems. The cameras work along with the client software and I can view them on the DVR with no issues. Problem comes when I try to use a browser to view the cameras. What makes no sense at all is that one of the PCs internally does work through the browser. Browsing to its downloaded ActiveX files you find the the WebDvr3.cab is installed. On all other PCs weather I try internally on the network or externally over the internet I get the same issue. The screen will display with all options but the video. The ActiveX control asks to be installed after which I click OK. Thats as far as I get then in the lower left hand corner of IE I get Done with the script error sign. Double clicking on that gives me this error message:

There are 9 errors in the script on this page

Line:259

Char:2

Code:0

Error:Object doesn't support this property or method

Google this error presents you with alot of general suggestions Microsoft KB308260. After going through that it made no difference. Refresh the page and it happens over and over. I also found some helpful tips dvrglobal support demo which talks about similar issues with ActiveX problems. While it looked promising I also tried without any success.

I also tried contacting the installer who had little to suggest other than to make sure the ports were not block which they are not. Having little other choice I reinstalled the DVR software which also did nothing. Last thing to do was contact Eyemax support which the only contact infor I can find is their email for sales. As soon as I sent out the email I got a bounce. So I am out of options and hoping that someone on here might be able to help. Thanks in advance.

Currently have a Eyemax 9120 PC Based DVR system with Windows XP Home; 16 Cameras, all system/security updates done. We have had this system for about 2 years and up until the last couple of months have had no problems. The cameras work along with the client software and I can view them on the DVR with no issues. Problem comes when I try to use a browser to view the cameras. What makes no sense at all is that one of the PCs internally does work through the browser. Browsing to its downloaded ActiveX files you find the the WebDvr3.cab is installed. On all other PCs weather I try internally on the network or externally over the internet I get the same issue. The screen will display with all options but the video. The ActiveX control asks to be installed after which I click OK. Thats as far as I get then in the lower left hand corner of IE I get Done with the script error sign. Double clicking on that gives me this error message:

Google this error presents you with alot of general suggestions Microsoft KB308260. After going through that it made no difference. Refresh the page and it happens over and over. I also found some helpful tips dvrglobal support demo which talks about similar issues with ActiveX problems. While it looked promising I also tried without any success.

I also tried contacting the installer who had little to suggest other than to make sure the ports were not block which they are not. Having little other choice I reinstalled the DVR software which also did nothing. Last thing to do was contact Eyemax support which the only contact infor I can find is their email for sales. As soon as I sent out the email I got a bounce. So I am out of options and hoping that someone on here might be able to help. Thanks in advance.

The pc that you can use the browser on is the key, is it a server? if so the ip interface (cameras or dvr) is not allowing access to "share" (i think)

Can't seem to post a reply.

The pc that you can use the browser on is the key, is it a server? if so the ip interface (cameras or dvr) is not allowing access to "share" (i think)

Sorry about that it seemed any time I tried to reply I got the spam warning message. Yes I agree with you that it is a issue on the "server" as my guess is that it must install some type of h t t p server in order to view through a browser. I thought disabling the firewall and reinstalling would solve the problem but it didn't.

I too have an EyeMax 9120 that is up and working just fine. I can access it on the network without problems (using both the web and program).

I forwarded the appropriate ports for the web so that the cameras can be viewed from the internet. When i go to the webpage it comes right up. Ive installed the ActiveX and it seems to be functioning. I do not get errors on the page. When i try and log in it fails.

If i try to access it from the "inside" (its 192.168.0.x) address it is great. The web interface pops up and i can successfully authenticate and bring up cameras. When i try it from the global it just fails when i try and log in saying "Login has failed."

Is there some sort of access control list that could be keeping a certain IP from connecting to the server? What would cause this problem? I have searched all over the internet and I have found people with problems with the web and the ActiveX control, but in this case the ActiveX works and it simply is an authentication problem as far as i can tell.

Even if i am on a computer on the inside of the network (in the same building) and try and connect to the global it fails authentication, if i connect to the inside address (on the same computer it just failed on) it will work and pass authentication just fine.

What gives?

Please folks for this system to work you have to have an intell cpu , intell graphics or ati ; sometimes you have to turn down graphics hardware acceration do about 1/2 or you get no video. As always what version dvr software are you running where did you get the dvr I have over 100 of this type dvr in the field with no problems.

1. What version dvr software?

2. Where did you get the dvr?

3. Did you buy it or build it?

4. Who old is it?