rory

Review of Various Cameras for Outdoors

I just bought one of the Nuvico 3895 cameras and have a question. Am I the only one that finds the zoom and focus controls hard to reach and use? I am having a real hard time just trying to get the thing focused at about the "mid-zoom" position. I have also tried getting the focus close, and then trying to focus the image by varying the zoom. I still can not get a razor sharp image at mid-zoom.

Yeah it is difficult to get at, though most like that are, but it was one of the more difficult.

It sounds like you were able to focus the ones you've had, so I'll just try harder.

It sounds like you were able to focus the ones you've had, so I'll just try harder.

Be sure to snug the lock screw on the zoom while you adjust the focus. Then snug the focus screw when you get the image sharp. There is some interaction between the two that can drive you crazy.

interaction between the two that can drive you crazy

ye a big pain in the butt, these cameras require patience and small fingers

Rory,

Thanks for taking the time to review these cameras, it really helps DIY'ers

such as myself without first hand knowledge avoid bad camera's. Your just like a older brother, always watching out. Unfortunately I cant see any pics at the end of the review, all i see are red x's.

What is the better camera the Nuvico CB-SD3895N-L or the Eclipse ECL-596? Both have good reviews. I cant make up my mind on these two camera's.

Rory, did you adjust the settings for the color settings on the Nuvico? Under the special in menu is a setting for color, black and white and auto. Been so bust running and I finally had time to ask this.

Heres a link that is a live feed that has alot of the Nuvico CB-SD3895-L cameras running.

User name = user

pwd = 000000

w506fbf(.)dvrhost(.)com:7000/viewn

(dont forget to get rid of the parenthesis I cant post web pages until Tues)

Now you can sit back and watch people do there laundry all day

Question maybe dumb...Do you guys consider this good? The throughput FPS is outstanding but the picture quality leaves a lot to be desired. Can' t really make out people too well. forget about the cam facing the door I think a WDR would have been the proper choice here. There is one image looking at a parking lot and the car does not have straight edges and it looks like an image from a Etch-a-sketch The picture during the time of day now as I see it is not anything to write home about.

My amateurish 2c again

Love this forum..

Heres a link that is a live feed that has alot of the Nuvico CB-SD3895-L cameras running.

User name = user

pwd = 000000

w506fbf(.)dvrhost(.)com:7000/viewn

(dont forget to get rid of the parenthesis I cant post web pages until Tues)

Now you can sit back and watch people do there laundry all day

Question maybe dumb...Do you guys consider this good? The throughput FPS is outstanding but the picture quality leaves a lot to be desired. Can' t really make out people too well. forget about the cam facing the door I think a WDR would have been the proper choice here. There is one image looking at a parking lot and the car does not have straight edges and it looks like an image from a Etch-a-sketch The picture during the time of day now as I see it is not anything to write home about.

My amateurish 2c again

Love this forum..

Do U expect more from analog camera set for wide view ?

stop dreaming it is not going to happens

My amateurish 2c again

Love this forum..

Thats just the remote video, the local video should be crisp. However its not my job so cant say for certain. Remote video on many stand alone DVRs are normally only around 320x240. They've probably lowered the quality alot also due to the high bandwidth requirement being its a public demo from Nuvico.

PS. something terribly wrong with that front door camera

Or perhaps you are mistaking high bandwidth low quality set remote video for crisp high quality local recorded video.

PS. if you can find an analog camera, please send us the link.

Or perhaps you are mistaking high bandwidth low quality set remote video for crisp high quality local recorded video.

PS. if you can find an analog camera, please send us the link.

I would love to see crisp high quality local recorded snapshot of

D1 pix

taken at least 30-40 feet away from camera

Thanks

I would love to see crisp high quality local recorded snapshot of

D1 pix

taken at least 30-40 feet away from camera

Thanks

Well you will need to goto someone's DVR to see that, dont know if they will let you though but you could ask someone in your area

Great reviews! Much appreciated Rory!

I am very new to CCTV/Surveillance... I am looking for the best bang-for-buck camera for use in monitoring the inside of a garage which has minimal/no lighting inside (there are a few windows, but minimal lights on the exterior as well..)

Any suggesstions from what you have experience with?

Looking to spend no more then 150 per camera.

Thanks in advanced!

earlier in this thread rory tested the KT&C KPC-EXH190SWX has anyone compared the KT&C KPC-EXH190SWX to the KT&C KPC-EX190SWX - similar but differnt cams.

far as I know, the H in there stands for high resolution and going by the specs the low resolution one has a lower lux rating so it sees more in low light, but I havent tried that specific camera yet.