Deluxecctv.com

Pelco PTZ'S

Does anyone know what company makes Pelco's PTZ'S? I am trying to find this info, and of course Pelco does not want to give this info out. I am trying to get the dust covers that go over the Pelco ptz's and Pelco said the only way I can get these is from the manufactuer. Any help would be great!

Pelco makes their own PTZ's. As far as I know, the only part they don't make themselves or have custom-made for them is the actual camera head. Those are mostly Hitachi, although some Spectra II camera heads were made by Sony.

I know the cameras are made over seas, but they did not want to tell me where the whole PTZ was made. On the Pelco box it's says made in China. That is hard to believe since China does not have regulations on their products. The tech guy from Pelco said that the PTZ'S are made over seas.

I know the cameras are made over seas, but they did not want to tell me where the whole PTZ was made. On the Pelco box it's says made in China. That is hard to believe since China does not have regulations on their products. The tech guy from Pelco said that the PTZ'S are made over seas.

Probably because they aren't just an OEM product that Pelco slaps their own name on. Most likely Pelco either has part ownership in a Chinese manufacturer or contracts out custom production to a Chinese manufacturer.

When I retired from Pelco in 2005, PTZ's were still being made in Clovis. Cameras were made of Sony internals, lens made in Japan. Last I heard, some of the new min-Spectra lines had parts from Korea, although manufacturing is still taking place in California. I never thought they'd stoop so low to use Chinese junk in a Pelco. I need to make some calls and find out what/where..Hope my engineer friends are still employed.

Pelco got bought by a large electrical supply company recently. As of my contacts within Pelco say they assembled cameras in the USA with some plastics or accessory components - parts in China, Japan and Korea.

As the Product Marketing Manger for Positioning Systems at Pelco, I can assure you that all Spectra, Esprit, and ExSite PTZ's are manufactured in Clovis, CA USA. Several components used in our products are manufactured from various places, such as the IOP's (Japan) and the fiberglass used in our PCB's (China). YAAN is, in no way, associated with Pelco PTZ production. Our California production facility is responsible for all machined components, SMT components, injection molded components, and assembly. By manufacturing and assembling the majority of the product ourselves, we are able to better control quality and deliver a reliable product.

Just wanted to comment that my Pelco Esprit was manufactured in June of 2007 was made in Clovis, USA, with Panasonic Camera, and Fujinon Lens made in Japan. I bought this 2nd hand, so can't say with 100% certainly that this is a genuine Peleco setup or weather the camera and/or lens were substituted instead ofr whatever came with the esprit system.

I know a lot of people here badmouth Pelco but my Esprit seems like a very good build quality to me.

As I thought. The bulk of Pelco products are still manufactured and assembled by Americans in California. Thank you God-my faith was shaken for a moment there. Made calls-plants still there..