coolie11

Best NightVision Camera

Brianoftheforum,

I can obtain and post those images of this camera as per your request. If the weather clears here tomorrow, I will adjust the camera to full zoom and capture both day and night images for you.

By the way, I wish they were my cars. Those images were taken from a local customer's system ( with permission of course ) so the images I post will be different but it will be the same model camera.

Thanks

Mike

I just noticed this post and I'm not sure if anyone else haws suggested this but in this situation I will move IR illuminators around while the site wnile the home/siteowner views the feed and at $25 per illuminators can fix many problems.

Here is my old system photo and my new system photo.   The photos were taken on my IPhone from the screen. My new DVR was cheaper than my old one and new one takes AHD cameras.  

Is that a reasonable night video in the second photo?

IMG_2346.JPGIMG_2341.JPG.5c345abbe925b55fd8812e06d5ffda8b.JPG

Edited by Firepower

Firepower, it's hard to tell with a pic of a monitor screen, but I would say they don't look very good. I would look for security camera comparisons or similar.

For the price, Dahua 2mp Starlight and Hikvision ultra low light cameras are hard to beat.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.  I checked those cameras out and cost quite a bit more than mine.  The video is much sharper than mine but I do not really need to spend that much.  I have quite a few of the $30 stand alone IP cameras and they are very sharp at night.

I have not worked out saving the photos to the PC from the DVR yet (just takes time)  :)  but here is a photo played back on my IPhone and a photo taken from that.  Hopefully when taken from the DVR it will be a bit better.  Like I said the photo is not too sharp but that will do me.  The video during the day is great.  (my opinion of great)  :)

That camera was out of focus when I got it so had to refocus it.  I have ordered two more cameras which are hopefully better.

For a $62 DVR and $25  1080P AHD cameras that will do me.  The cameras are 2mp and 3,000TVL.   The area I am standing is over bright and washing out my details.  If there were some higher resolution cameras under $100 I'd like to know. 

Me Night Time.PNG

Edited by Firepower