SaturnR

Need camera for seperate IR source

Hi, I'm fairly new here, been reading for a week or so. I need to monitor my yard during the day and at night, it is approximately 70' deep. I'm thinking of using an Ex12Led or Ex26Led 940nm illuminator and need a camera that sees well at night. We want to use 940nm because we don't want the Led's to be visible at night. I have no idea what kind of camera to use that will see well under those conditions. Dome, ptz, bullet? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I have a few cameras with integrated IR but they are barebones bullets and are not suitable for this one application, though I will be using them on other areas of my home. I don't know that much about cameras but I want true night vision and maybe a vari focal lens. What would I find in a bullet cam that meets those specifications? Most of the bullet cams I see have the built in IR and I want to avoid that.

Thanks for your help.

I have used a Cheap Bullet variant with built in LED's which does not see much in my back Garden then I added a UFLED from Derwent and hey presto I can see the whole Garden !

Try it with one of your Bullets to see what picture you get.

Better still get a Box camera such as a Sanyo Day/Night with IR Cut filter then you will really see what a proper camera can do with IR !

AL

Hello and thanks for the reply. If I get a box camera what do I need for an outside install? I do have a Nuvico CB-SD3895N-L with the IR cut filter and I agree there is no comparison between that and the cheap bullet. I wasn't sure I was going to keep the Nuvico because the led can be seen from a big distance and we want this one camera to be stealth if possible. (well at least not have IR visible if possible) I thought a box camera would be fairly noticeable?

I'm running out of time for the return on my Nuvico so I need to make a decision fairly quickly. I even thought maybe I could disconnect the led in the Nuvico like I saw someone mention on here but they said they thought it would also disable the cut filter too which kind of defeats the purpose of having that camera.

There is so much to choose from out there, I just wanted one better camera that sees good, no IR led and has the cut filter and possibly vari focal length. I like that you can change the zoom on the Nuvico. You wouldn't happen to have any model numbers you could recommend? I could go for one of the Extreme models with the built in 940nm but I still would prefer seperate illumination if I had my choice.

Thanks again for your reply.