2:D, 1/3" Sony EX-VIEW

3:C, CMOS

4: B, Sharp, color changed, always sharp and also this was IR camera

1: A, that was 1/3" LG CCD, B/W camera

2: D, 1/3" Sony EX-VIEW

3: C, CMOS

4: B, Sharp, color changed, always sharp

Well done you are good.

To set a fair comparision, the camera boards were mounted next to each other fitted with a vari focal 4-8mm lens set at about 7mm utilising the same power supply (split) and the same length of cable going to the DVR so a image could be taken on all at the same time (or within 25 FPS).

Picture number 4 seemed to be odd because of the lightness. As mentioned by Kifertech, this would normally be caused by reflected IR, but in this case impossble as only the boards were used and during the day. When removing the vari focal lens I noticed the Inner lens was covered with little white specks which would only come off with methalated spirit, must have occured during the manufacturing process.

Edited by Guest

Fantastic thanks for your effort.

Which is the best camera for CCTV purposes and what are the approx prices of each?

Fantastic thanks for your effort.

Which is the best camera for CCTV purposes and what are the approx prices of each?

Well which is the best would Im sure create quite a debate.

I have tried CMOS, Sharp 1/3 CCD, Sony 1/3 CCD and Sony Exview.

I try and buy Lens boards on Ebay (B&W start at £7 Honeywell £45, do a search in the security equip section for: "board" or "true") watch out for HK or china suppliers as more that one camera will make you liable for import duty.

I then make my own style cases to suit my needs keeping the cameras covert (pic 1). I have also brought dummy cameras on Ebay for a few pounds and fitted the lens board with a wireless transmitter inside to make a perfectly good working camera.

Overall I have found the B&W cameras give better results at night (Im sure most of the pro installers would agree). I have tried 2 types:

1.Pecan B280v which gave overall good results both day and night but couldnt read number plates at night with the AGC on, with the AGC off the picture is generally too dark until a bright light comes along. Also came with a vari focal 4-8mm lense.

2. Pecan B686, this has a DC Mechanical Iris which was either good in the day or good at night but not both. the gain control is variable and too course for fine control.

I am currently looking at some Honeywell True day/night, wide dynamic boards and hope to test them in the next few days.

pic1

85133_1.jpg

pic 2

85097_1.jpg

well I am pretty impressed with the Honeywell HCGWD48X Hi Res Wide Dynamic cameras

picture 1 Honeywell

picture 2 Sony Exview

85879_1.jpg

85155_1.jpg

You have many different quality cameras and here all suck

Sorry mate, cam 1 is still the best you got.

I disagree! These cameras are being used outside of what they were designed for. Put them in the right environment, and I bet they would rock!

I would not use a Geo Tracker to join a Monster Truck expo either!!

Then again a $200,000 Monster Truck is over kill for a family picnic don't you think?

I disagree! These cameras are being used outside of what they were designed for. Put them in the right environment, and I bet they would rock!

I would not use a Geo Tracker to join a Monster Truck expo either!!

Then again a $200,000 Monster Truck is over kill for a family picnic don't you think?

ok, well great picture than. love to see that sharp quality pic's.

Camera 1 is a nice picture, bit out of focus, but ok.

My firs camera's gave a picture like that, i change that in to some bosh camera's. Now the quality is great!

What chip is being used on the Honeywell? Pics look good, maybe a little sharper on the focus, and the #2 looks like the iris is a little to open and out of focus, nice info on the board camera's Thanks

What chip is being used on the Honeywell? Pics look good, maybe a little sharper on the focus, and the #2 looks like the iris is a little to open and out of focus, nice info on the board camera's Thanks

Sony CXD3150AR