Sign in to follow this  
alanjh1965

Intellex Help Required

I have got an Intellex LT running V4 software, the DVR was powered down and up quickly, which I understand can cause problems - It will not boot up.

I have read support doc's which say it has to be sent back for repair, is there anything I can do to get it to boot up ?

Thanks

I have got an Intellex LT running V4 software, the DVR was powered down and up quickly, which I understand can cause problems - It will not boot up.

I have read support doc's which say it has to be sent back for repair, is there anything I can do to get it to boot up ?

Thanks

Powering down and up quickly - I do not understand... Did you have a power outage and then it came back up??

Which model number is it?

Do you know how to turn it on besides power cord? If this is a desktop version, right on the middle of the face cover, there should be (2) small holes - one is to turn on the Intellex and the second one is to restart the Intellex... The hole closer to the LEDs above is the one that you can use to startup Intellex - just use a paper clip... the hole below it is for restart, just in case if you need to... If it is a rack mountable case, then power up sequence is different, but it is easier.

When you turn it on, do you see any startup of BIOS setting, etc.? If not, there is a very good chance that your power supply gave in... and that is very simple to replace.. I will not recommend to go to AD unless if you absolutely have to... and of course, if it is under warranty. When did you buy this unit? Remember, their warranty covers everything for (3) years except hard drives, that come with (2) years warranty.

If he has an original version 4

the Product code should look something like

ADD600DVD-050

if this is the case, it is probably still under warranty as they started selling most of them in 2006

The power supply is a stardard ATX power supply in these puppied.

300 watt 20 pin connector if you have IDE drives in the unit. ( Bayfield Motherboard)

350 watt 24 pin connector if you have SATA drives (Sorrento Motherboard)

alanjh, if you have to change the power supply, do not use anything less than 450W... and make sure that the power supply has at least 75% efficient. The standard power supplies AD uses are substandard power supplies and they fail more often than usual... regardless if they are installed in LT series or DVMS series. Also while at it, make sure you add additional fans on the front (behind the face cover) and in the back near the processor... In addition, when you are selecting the power supply, make sure it comes with several of its own fans, mainly make sure you have 120mm main fan... It will help also to change the ribbon cables and use rounded PATA cables and tywrap all the cables closer to the chasis... This way you have more air flow and life expectancy will be much higher than the standard hardware in such systems.

It makes absolutely no on selection of the power supply based on type of Intel motherboard used...

Thanks for the replies, Yes I tried the paper clip trick, No Luck.

The unit is second hand, it was aquired from a moving customer and I had it running in my house for a few months, fine until we had a power outage for a couple for hours. When I came home it was dead.

The disk's don't even start up, althought there is an LED on the motherboard.

I will try a new power supply, but give me a few weeks guys (busy at the moment)and I will let you know the result!

Just an update on this thread...

I finally got round to replacing the Power Supply (put in a 650w unit) and it Boots up first time !

Thanks for all the advice.

Next thing I will try is to upgrade the drives... it has two 250GB Drives One is marked System Drive and the other is marked Data - any recomendations ?

Do not touch the system drive - it contains not only the OS, but also the Intellex software... Most likely it is taking only 14GB of the space of the 250GB drive... as the rest is used for storage...

I can tell you that you can take this system up to 4.0TB internal storage. If your motherboard has at least 4 SATA connectors (which it should) and a single PATA connection, then you can have up to 5 hard drives with various sizes... However...

It is not as straight forward as adding the hard drive and that is all... Remember that hard drive generate a lot of heat and Intellex LT is now well equipped to handle this much heat... Therefore, make sure you have two fans in the back (they may already be there), plus add another fan on the front left corner (behind the capture card) and also make sure that your power supply comes with 120mm internal fan facing towards the processor and the hard drives. Get rid of the flat ribbon cable and replace it with rounded ATA cable and keep it away from the motherboard as much as possible...

How much internal storage do you really need? Dependent on the answer, you may have to rearrange where the hard drives must reside to evenly distribute the heat inside of the unit...

Let us know... and good luck.

Thanks for the prompt reply

Yes the system has the four SATA connections and the two fans at the rear. The new Power Supply I installed does have a fan and it does face across the processor (That also has a fan)

I guessed that it wouldn't be very wise to touch the System Drive but I thought I might swap the 250GB Data for a 1TB Drive seeing as they are so cheap - I don't intend to fill every spare space inside with Hard Drives ! Just a little extra storage. Should I stick to Western Digital models that AD use or do you have any recomendations ?

I am only using the DVR in our Shop (Hardware/Locksmiths/Security store) as a Demo unit it will be piggy back with our exsisitng DM DS2

Thanks again

AL