straycat

Bosch DiBos Install

I am installing my first Bosch DiBos system tomorrow including software on remote PC's on site is there any advise on setting this up. I have been looking through the manuals tonight, dosn't look to bad but time will tell!

I have manly been using DM DS2 machine's and the odd Samsung and Videoswitch up to now along with Adpro fast trace (don't like that much).

Any advice greatly received.

Cheers

Mick

I know how you feel! I have been there same as you waiting on a reply.

I am an AVTech guy so this is above what I am used to.

Give it some time and an "expert" should be along.

I wish you well.

I new an expert would come along, but wow! I did not expect "the" top dog to respond!!!

Fill us in on a bit more info. I have never done one. Manuals never seem to "go with the flow" with making installs any easier!

Always a day late and a dollar short......Anyway, if you did the install I'm sure you found it went as any other. DiBos is a nice system. Let us know.

well thanks for all the info, NOT.

i would suggest perhaps getting to know the system at your location prior to installation, then maybe you wont get so stressed when someone is out working and doesnt have the time to reply within 24 hours.

scorpion, I know your comments were not referring to me...

In any event, what will be very interesting to know is which DiBos version DVR straycat intends to use...

This system is the best Hybrid that we ever used... You can configure this system up to 30 Analog ports (banks of six channel can activate based on hardware addition and software license key) and up to 32 IP cameras.

It uses XP OS for its configuration and the application is fairly easy to learn.

The specs are great but in the real world and if you populate all the analog ports and max 20 IP cameras (you better have healthy bandwidth to handle this type of workload), you should consider some serious amount of storage requirements. Its ease of assigning network storage anywhere withing LAN is probably on of the easiest scheme that we have seen and yet, works great...

And no, you can not use all the 32 IP cameras simultaneously and anything over 20 IP cameras, the only way to reach this level is to have fiber channel based network assigned only for this DVR...

Many ways to configure this system and it is mainly dependent what your application is... You really can push this box to some extreme resolution and they use 4 CIF highest available at this time... and the picture quality is exceptionally great. Ability to zoom on existing video on the fly is yet another neat feature... and zoom function works very well..

What can I say, besides its high cost (as the only negative that I can see), there is nothing else bad I can say about this box...